What will your parents do if you FLOP your GCSEs Watch

u_dun_noe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The thread title speaks for itself:
Personally, i'm getting a one-way ticket to Ghana!!!

(you know I'm not flopping in any-way!!!)
Nimbus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My parents would kill me, oh yes, and I mean it.
And that's the reason why I work hard in school..."runs off and tortures self with books*

okay, only joking, may be not that serious..XD
Anyways, I think my parents will be really cross with me at the very least and probably they will force me to re-take them again and again and again.
Shask
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Probably they'd be very disappointed, but I'd be more disappointed in myself. They didn't get any qualifications anyway so they can't moan at me !
grace_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yg110uk)
My parents would kill me, oh yes, and I mean it.
And that's the reason why I work hard in school..."runs off and tortures self with books*

okay, only joking, may be not that serious..XD
Anyways, I think my parents will be really cross with me at the very least and probably they will force me to re-take them again and again and again.

:dito:
Although I think (hope) that after 18 they can't make me go to school any more...
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Surely you should be doing them for yourself, not for them, so it shouldn't really matter
DeadSniffles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
Surely you should be doing them for yourself, not for them, so it shouldn't really matter
:dito: I couldn't care less what my parents think lol though I'm sure they would be disappointed if I do badly because they know I'm not dumb, just very lazy.
grace_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
Good point. But I still don't want to let them down. I want to do well for me, but I want to not-fail them (where my parents, I'm afraid, define a "fail" as "not an A*", so no pressure, then :rolleyes: :p: ) for my parents. So it works both ways. Being an only child doesn't help sometimes!
A Stranger in Moscow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know I'm an old hag now, but...my parents didn't really make a big fuss and they got me a sewing machine even though I didn't come close to the straight A* my teachers predicted...

I think they knew the work I was doing and stuff wouldn't lead me there + with predictions of straight A* you can't really do anything but be satisfactory or disappoint, really.
DDS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Theres the door, now walk....
cfc1992
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Life goes on you know...
DreamGirlx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Harriellie)
I know I'm an old hag now, but...my parents didn't really make a big fuss and they got me a sewing machine even though I didn't come close to the straight A* my teachers predicted...

I think they knew the work I was doing and stuff wouldn't lead me there + with predictions of straight A* you can't really do anything but be satisfactory or disappoint, really.

hey sameee! (well crimbo pressie) and erm I think my parents will be happy with whatever I get.. providing ive worked as hard as poss etc, but to be honest I'm my worst critic, so if I get bad grades then I've got myself to answer to, no one else!

I think thats why Im working so hard, because if I feel I haven't done as much as I possibly could, then when its summer I will torture myself with guilt! haha, anyone kind of excited in a perverse way? I'm just happy I'm finally doing something worthwhile for once! (although might not feel the same way in a month or so haha) X
username130457
Report 10 years ago
My mum will probably be satisfied as long as i put in my best effort and i get into a good college which i can do the courses I want to do there.
They only really care about what university i go to in the end and if i enter a highly skilled course .
Diaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Chuck me out the house.
LOL, but I think there just trying to scare me.
End of the day its my life,so I'm gonna have to work for it. If there is any benefit its towards me.
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mum would still support me. She never pressures me to do my work, I do it off of my own back... I would still feel an intense and burning self-dissapointment though.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My parents would be disapointed in me, rather than angry- unless I'm ill or something. I hope I wont completley flop them. For 8/10 of my GCSE's I can get B's without a great deal of effort- its the A/A* that I need to work hard for (and I will be!) I think I'd be more angry (with myself)
GemmyMonster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm..

My Dad wouldn't be angry or anything - not that he wouldn't care exactly, just wouldn't get mad or disappointed.

But I'd be pretty annoyed with myself!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?