Edexcel Maths GCSE Paper 1 Foundation 24 May 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

Watch this thread
Lokan*
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Let's start a student mark scheme here, teachers are welcome!
luppyguppy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
put a markscheme up please,

thank you gorgeoussss
FailingInGeneral
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Waiting for a mark scheme... For a friend!!! She needs to pass to get into uni and she is stressing!! Help her find a mark scheme ^^
FernD234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
How did everyone find that paper? I thought the first half was okay but the last few pages were slightly grim & some rather odd questions throughout
Djerun
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lokan*)
Let's start a student mark scheme here, teachers are welcome!
Question one. Answer = 6000

There was some algebraic question. It was something like 3x4T and I got 12t.

2. Put the numbers in order. Can't remember the numbers but fairly simple.

Some other question about 3kg of meat = 54 pounds. Asked you to figure out how much 1kg costs. 54 divided by 3 = 18.

Some question on houses. I got 220 as a total number of houses. Might of gotten that wrong.

The line was a radius.

Question on the area of the pyramid. I found the area of each triangle which was bxh divided by 2 = 12. I then multiplied 12 times 4 to find each of the faces. The base of the pyramid was a square with a side of 6. A square's sides are equal so I just did 6x6 to get 36. So 48 + 36.

There was some question on costs of a holiday. I went stupid and only divided the return tickets cost by four. I neglected to divide the others by 4 as I thought it only applied to the first one. I didn't realise all the costs were divided by 4. I might have redeemed one mark at the end by dividing one of the answers by 4. I got the probably wrong answer of 1100.

There were some ratio questions I can't remember the answers too.

There was question asking you to find 15 percent of 160. I divided 160 by 10 and then divided that by 2 to find 8. I then multipled 8 by 3 to get 15 percent/24.

The vectors were just adding and subtracting.
Djerun
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FernD234)
How did everyone find that paper? I thought the first half was okay but the last few pages were slightly grim & some rather odd questions throughout
Yeah first half was nice. I didn't like the y = 1-4X question.

Was confused as to whether I should be concerned about whether a - or a + was relevant to the question.

What answers did you put down for any questions?
princess770
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yeah pls anyone mark scheme
princess770
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
guys what about renee sweets question oh my god I am so stupid I put radius and I crossed out it ughhhh
princess770
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
holidays one made me confused so I did half them
FernD234
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Djerun)
Yeah first half was nice. I didn't like the y = 1-4X question.

Was confused as to whether I should be concerned about whether a - or a + was relevant to the question.

What answers did you put down for any questions?
The graph question? yeah wasn't a fan of that. I was doing the x values times by 4 then taking that away from 1, not a clue if that's what you were meant to do though.
Urmm i can't really remember most of the questions but for the salary one with the 3 different people I changed the fractions and ratios into percentages and said that Isabel saved the most with 30 percent or something, again probably wrong
Djerun
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The graph question? yeah wasn't a fan of that. I was doing the x values times by 4 then taking that away from 1, not a clue if that's what you were meant to do though.
Urmm i can't really remember most of the questions but for the salary one with the 3 different people I changed the fractions and ratios into percentages and said that Isabel saved the most with 30 percent or something, again probably wrong
I got that too!!! I got 30% with Isabel!
Djerun
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was taking them away from 1. I had to keep stopping myself from subtracting 1 from the bigger number. My line ended up being slightly off
FernD234
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I got that too!!! I got 30% with Isabel!
ahhh nice nice, that gives me hope
amira.9
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
nah your right still usable got 30% that garvin guy got 28% and the other dude saved 25%
amira.9
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Question one. Answer = 6000

There was some algebraic question. It was something like 3x4T and I got 12t.

2. Put the numbers in order. Can't remember the numbers but fairly simple.

Some other question about 3kg of meat = 54 pounds. Asked you to figure out how much 1kg costs. 54 divided by 3 = 18.

Some question on houses. I got 220 as a total number of houses. Might of gotten that wrong.

The line was a radius.

Question on the area of the pyramid. I found the area of each triangle which was bxh divided by 2 = 12. I then multiplied 12 times 4 to find each of the faces. The base of the pyramid was a square with a side of 6. A square's sides are equal so I just did 6x6 to get 36. So 48 + 36.

There was some question on costs of a holiday. I went stupid and only divided the return tickets cost by four. I neglected to divide the others by 4 as I thought it only applied to the first one. I didn't realise all the costs were divided by 4. I might have redeemed one mark at the end by dividing one of the answers by 4. I got the probably wrong answer of 1100.

There were some ratio questions I can't remember the answers too.

There was question asking you to find 15 percent of 160. I divided 160 by 10 and then divided that by 2 to find 8. I then multipled 8 by 3 to get 15 percent/24.

The vectors were just adding and subtracting.
aren’t ya gunna post the rest of the answers?
FernD234
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was taking them away from 1. I had to keep stopping myself from subtracting 1 from the bigger number. My line ended up being slightly off
Yup same, I didn't plot all the points but it seemed to form a graph of some form, what direction did your line go up from? bottom
left corner or bottom right corner?
Djerun
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amira.9)
aren’t ya gunna post the rest of the answers?
I'm doing this from memory.
Djerun
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yup same, I didn't plot all the points but it seemed to form a graph of some form, what direction did your line go up from? bottom
left corner or bottom right corner?
Bottom right corner.

I ended up writing down the values for both the ways I would interprate the information. I just chose one and ended up with bottom right corner
John233233233
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Meybe someone have a Mark schema or something similar?
anonymous747383
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
the graph question i did was okay you can swap the the equation to y=4x-1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (60)
68.97%
In the post (3)
3.45%
Text (12)
13.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
13.79%

Watched Threads