shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

shadowdweller's Bucket List
:party:

Intro:
Hello, I'm shadowdweller! You will probably have seen me around on the site, if only because I spend far too much time on here. I'm currently working full-time, so I'm adding things to by bucket list that I can fit around that, or that add something to my work life. I have a bad habit of procrastinating, and the summer bucket list sounds like a good way to crack on with some things I've been meaning to do for a while. I'm also hoping to use it as a way to help make summer this year even more memorable and fun :gah:

Colour Coding:
Red: To-Do
Orange: In Progress
Green: Completed

Summer Bucket List 2018:
  • Read 30 books: I'm doing the GoodReads Reading Challenge this year, with the aim of reading as many books as possible. So 30 over summer seems like a good way to boost this.
  • Write 50 cards for The Rainbow Cards Project: Rainbow Cards is a fantastic cause that sends brithday and seasonal cards to LGBT+ people that have been disowned by their families. I try to write cards for them when I can, but I want to send more over the summer.
  • Complete a StepBet challenge:StepBet is a 6-week walking challenge that you pay $40 to enter, which goes into the pot. At the end of the challenge, whoever completes it gets a cut of the pot, and whoever doesn't loses theirs. It's a bit of incentive to get walking more, and it's quite fun in the process.
  • Take lots of photos: I think this one is self explanatory, just taking lots more photos, and making some albums of ones I have already.
  • Go abroad: After having to postpone a holiday this year, I very much want to get abroad if I can over summer - maybe even more than once!
  • Improve my geography:As BurstingBubbles can no doubt confirm, my geography abilities are sub par to say the least. I'm going to try and improve on this, and related topics.
  • Finish setting up the new house:Having recently started moving into a new place, there's still furniture to get, boxes to unpack, and photos to put up.
  • Improve health: A bit of a vague one that I'll refine later. I want to improve my diet a bit, and start exercising more. Nothing too extreme, just some small changes I'd like to make.
  • Learn more BSL:This has been ongoing for a while, but I really want to start learning more BSL. If I can find a course, I'll do one, but otherwise learning more signs in my own time.
  • Complete Watchdogs: Started playing this game again recently, and I want to actually complete it this time... only 4 years on from when I got it, that's good, right?
  • See 3 films at the cinema: I've just bought a Cineworld Unlimited card, and I want to make good use of it. Plus I keep meaning to see films and not remembering to see them until they're out of cinema.
  • Donate £100 to charity: Now I'm in a job and earning, I want to start giving more to charities, and to those who need the money more than I do. I don't have any set causes in mind for this, hoping to try and be diverse with it.
  • Attend Pride:No idea which one(s) yet, but I want to attend at least one pride this summer! :pride:
  • Donate 10,000 grains of rice: Through the website Free Rice, that donates 10 grains of rice for every question you answer, I want to try and make a decent impact over summer.

Stretch Goals:
  • Read 50 books: I'm doing the GoodReads Reading Challenge this year, with the aim of reading as many books as possible. So 50 over summer seems like a good way to boost this.
  • Write 100 cards for The Rainbow Cards Project: Rainbow Cards is a fantastic cause that sends brithday and seasonal cards to LGBT+ people that have been disowned by their families. I try to write cards for them when I can, but I want to send more over the summer.
  • See 10 films at the cinema: I've just bought a Cineworld Unlimited card, and I want to make good use of it. Plus I keep meaning to see films and not remembering to see them until they're out of cinema.
  • Donate £200 to charity: Now I'm in a job and earning, I want to start giving more to charities, and to those who need the money more than I do. I don't have any set causes in mind for this, hoping to try and be diverse with it.
  • Join the Gym: Adding this one as an extension of improving my health; once my energy starts getting better, and so does my diet/sleep, I want to start going to the gym as well.
  • Donate 25,000 grains of rice: Through the website Free Rice, that donates 10 grains of rice for every question you answer, I want to try and make a decent impact over summer.

Updates?
I'm planning on updating progress every couple of days for most of these, whilst bigger targets may have more sporadic updates. The list is in no particular order, and I'll add to it as I start completing some of the current ones
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Update - 24/05/2018:

Backdating a couple of updates to align with when this challenge started...

Summer Booket List:

I'm currently reading:
- No Strings Attached by Harper Bliss
- Corpies by Drew Hayes
- Fat Chance by Nick Spalding
- Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan

I've completed:
- Life Pushes You Along by Emma Sterner-Radley

Books read: 1/30.

Charity Donations:
- £5 to PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)

shadowdweller's Bucket List

:party:

Intro:
Hello, I'm shadowdweller! You will probably have seen me around on the site, if only because I spend far too much time on here. I'm currently working full-time, so I'm adding things to by bucket list that I can fit around that, or that add something to my work life. I have a bad habit of procrastinating, and the summer bucket list sounds like a good way to crack on with some things I've been meaning to do for a while. I'm also hoping to use it as a way to help make summer this year even more memorable and fun :gah:

Colour Coding:
Red: To-Do
Orange: In Progress
Green: Completed

Summer Bucket List 2018:
  • Read 30 books: I'm doing the GoodReads Reading Challenge this year, with the aim of reading as many books as possible. So 30 over summer seems like a good way to boost this.
  • Write 50 cards for The Rainbow Cards Project: Rainbow Cards is a fantastic cause that sends brithday and seasonal cards to LGBT+ people that have been disowned by their families. I try to write cards for them when I can, but I want to send more over the summer.
  • Complete a StepBet challenge:StepBet is a 6-week walking challenge that you pay $40 to enter, which goes into the pot. At the end of the challenge, whoever completes it gets a cut of the pot, and whoever doesn't loses theirs. It's a bit of incentive to get walking more, and it's quite fun in the process.
  • Take lots of photos: I think this one is self explanatory, just taking lots more photos, and making some albums of ones I have already.
  • Go abroad: After having to postpone a holiday this year, I very much want to get abroad if I can over summer - maybe even more than once!
  • Improve my geography:As BurstingBubbles can no doubt confirm, my geography abilities are sub par to say the least. I'm going to try and improve on this, and related topics.
  • Finish setting up the new house:Having recently started moving into a new place, there's still furniture to get, boxes to unpack, and photos to put up.
  • Improve health:A bit of a vague one that I'll refine later. I want to improve my diet a bit, and start exercising more. Nothing too extreme, just some small changes I'd like to make.
  • Learn more BSL:This has been ongoing for a while, but I really want to start learning more BSL. If I can find a course, I'll do one, but otherwise learning more signs in my own time.
  • Complete Watchdogs: Started playing this game again recently, and I want to actually complete it this time... only 4 years on from when I got it, that's good, right?
  • See 3 films at the cinema: I've just bought a Cineworld Unlimited card, and I want to make good use of it. Plus I keep meaning to see films and not remembering to see them until they're out of cinema.
  • Donate more to charity: Now I'm in a job and earning, I want to start giving more to charities, and to those who need the money more than I do. I don't have any set causes in mind for this, hoping to try and be diverse with it.

Updates?
I'm planning on updating progress every couple of days for most of these, whilst bigger targets may have more sporadic updates. The list is in no particular order, and I'll add to it as I start completing some of the current ones
Seems like a great list of goals I've never heard of the rainbow project before but sounds like a wonderful simple thing to do that can really make a difference to people.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Subbing
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
havent you already been abroad loads?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
havent you already been abroad loads?
Yes - it's things I want to do this summer though, so I don't think it matters I've been before
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Update - 25/05/2018:

Summer Booket List:

I'm currently reading:
- Corpies by Drew Hayes
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I've completed:

Books read: 2/30.

Charity Donations:
- £10 to The Rainbow Cards Project
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck!! :woo: Your list sounds awesome!!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck! :rave:
Why do you read multiple books at once? Doesn’t your brain get confused (mine does )
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck!! :woo: Your list sounds awesome!!
Thank you! Yours is looking pretty awesome too, I've just subscribed to it
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Good luck! :rave:
Why do you read multiple books at once? Doesn’t your brain get confused (mine does )
I tend to spread my 'currently reading' across genres so I can pick up whatever I'm in the mood to read at the time. I don't find it too confusing unless they're from the same series - I once tried reading all the Harry Potter books at once, and that was a big mistake :lol:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you! Yours is looking pretty awesome too, I've just subscribed to it
Thank you!! :hugs:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

• Attend Pride:No idea which one(s) yet, but I want to attend at least one pride this summer! :pride:

come to the pride i'm going to :jebus:
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Update - 26/05/2018 - 29/05/2018:

Summer Booket List:

I'm currently reading:
- Corpies by Drew Hayes
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

I've completed:

Charity Donations:

Donations: £15/£100.

Films Seen:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story

Cards:
I've also bought 20 cards to write for The Rainbow Card Project, so partial progress on that front. I'm planning to spend an evening this week writing those, and then I'll have to restock again

Cards Written: 0/50.
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow! You've already done so much... I'm kinda jealous... :getmecoat:
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Update - 29/05/2018 - 02/06/2018:

Summer Booket List:

I'm currently reading:
- Corpies by Drew Hayes
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I've completed:

Charity Donations:

Films Seen:

Cards:
- 20 cards written today, now need to buy some more!

Cards Written: 20/50.

House Sorting:
- I put together some drawers! It took quite a while, but very pleased with them. Will post a photo tomorrow
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Wow! You've already done so much... I'm kinda jealous... :getmecoat:
It sounds like you're making good progress with some of yours too - especially the getting up at a good time one, which I am quite envious of!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It sounds like you're making good progress with some of yours too - especially the getting up at a good time one, which I am quite envious of!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:laugh:
Add it onto your list I only just about manage it right now because I still have to wake up early to go into school sometimes. Otherwise, I'd be sleeping in until 2 in the afternoon
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Update - 03/06/2018 - 05/06/2018:

Summer Booket List:

I'm currently reading:
- Corpies by Drew Hayes
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I've completed:

Charity Donations:
- Signed up for Amazon Smile, which donates a portion of each purchase you make to your chosen charity. I've selected MacMillan Cancer Support
- Joined the Volunteering & Fundraising team at work, so hopefully will be able to help organise some events to raise money now too!

Films Seen:

Cards:
- 20 cards written (01/06/2018)
- 12 card written (02/06/2018)
- Bought 20 more cards and some stamps. I've almost run out of stickers and can't find any nice ones to stock up on though :sad: Anyone know of somewhere good to get some more?

Cards Written: 32/50.

House Sorting:
- Assembled chest of drawers.
- Brought over a tall bookcase, planning on putting that up tonight!

Improve Geography:
- Country Mapping Europe: 10/49
- Country Mapping Worldwise: 0/468
- Flags of the World: 23/194
- Capital Cities: 0/195
- Rivers, Lakes and Seas: 0/227

I'm learning these on Memrise, and I'm tracking each by the Memrise 'words learned' for ease. I'll be making progress on each daily, and updating the stats here on a semi-regular basis

Improve Health:
- I bought a hula hoop! :woo:

In all seriousness on this one, I've been struggling a lot with energy levels, so it will be slow progress on this front I think. I'm going to try and eat a bit healthier and up my step count, but anything further will be delayed until I have more energy for it
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can't hula to save my life... :hide: I'm sure you're good at it though :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (51)
32.69%
No I don't (73)
46.79%
I work during the holidays (32)
20.51%

Watched Threads