The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgraduate Scholarship for International Student at Sheffield

Hi, I'm an international student who recently received an offer from Sheffield. I read on Sheffield's website that it offers the Postgraduate Taught Scholarship which cuts the fee by £2,000 and that students who decide to take Sheffield's offer will be automatically considered.

Sheffield also has the International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship which, if I'm not mistaken, is a competitive one.

Has anyone here ever received either or both scholarship? Is the £2,000 scholarship given to many students? And what is the kind of competition that is held for the 50% discount scholarship?

I come from a developing country and financial aid of any kind would really help. If anyone could give some insight, I'd be very grateful! :smile:
Original post by Farina_
Hi, I'm an international student who recently received an offer from Sheffield. I read on Sheffield's website that it offers the Postgraduate Taught Scholarship which cuts the fee by £2,000 and that students who decide to take Sheffield's offer will be automatically considered.

Sheffield also has the International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship which, if I'm not mistaken, is a competitive one.

Has anyone here ever received either or both scholarship? Is the £2,000 scholarship given to many students? And what is the kind of competition that is held for the 50% discount scholarship?

I come from a developing country and financial aid of any kind would really help. If anyone could give some insight, I'd be very grateful! :smile:

First one states automatic as long as you meet the criteria.

Second
As there are only a limited number, then contact the office and they might give you an idea how many applications they get. It is definitely worth a try considering it is restricted to various countries. Nothing to lose but pay attention to the deadlines.

There is nothing against receiving both.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/pgtmerit
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by 999tigger
First one states automatic as long as you meet the criteria.

Second
As there are only a limited number, then contact the office and they might give you an idea how many applications they get. It is definitely worth a try considering it is restricted to various countries. Nothing to lose but pay attention to the deadlines.

There is nothing against receiving both.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/pgtmerit

Thank you for the information! :smile: I think I'll try and contact Sheffield for the number of applications as you suggested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending