The Student Room Group

2nd year anniversary. Help a brother out!

Hi all! Hope everyone's alright.. If you want to get to the point and skip my rambling, scroll to the very bottom (TLDR)

So me and my missus have been together for 2 years. I'm 20, and she's 18. Well, our 2 years is coming up on the 2nd June and on this exact date we are going on holiday! (2 weeks all inclusive to Croatia for anyone interested!)

Anyway, to the point.. We are already going on holiday together and have booked several day trips out however I need to get her an anniversary gift and I am absolutely baffled on what to do.

Last year she created an album with 2 pages for every month. On every page there was photos taken during that month - it was really sweet actually. I happened to find out that she's doing near enough the same thing for this year.

Last year I bought us both a trip to a hotel/spa. We have a 3 course meal, access to the amazing spa and a night stay (Lifehouse Spa and Hotel, definitely recommend it for anyone interested - it's in Essex)

Anyway, this year we are already in Croatia (travelling on our anniversary) and I really don't know what to get her. I've bought her some jewellery in the past, she wears it sometimes but isn't really much of a jewellery girl. Not ruling it out completely though.

I feel like if I get a photo album then I'd kind of be copying her idea, and I know that it won't be anything near compared to how good hers for me will be.

TLDR - 2nd year anniversary, please blast out any good present ideas that I can steal!

Thanks - N
Original post by Wizbe
Hi all! Hope everyone's alright.. If you want to get to the point and skip my rambling, scroll to the very bottom (TLDR)

So me and my missus have been together for 2 years. I'm 20, and she's 18. Well, our 2 years is coming up on the 2nd June and on this exact date we are going on holiday! (2 weeks all inclusive to Croatia for anyone interested!)

Anyway, to the point.. We are already going on holiday together and have booked several day trips out however I need to get her an anniversary gift and I am absolutely baffled on what to do.

Last year she created an album with 2 pages for every month. On every page there was photos taken during that month - it was really sweet actually. I happened to find out that she's doing near enough the same thing for this year.

Last year I bought us both a trip to a hotel/spa. We have a 3 course meal, access to the amazing spa and a night stay (Lifehouse Spa and Hotel, definitely recommend it for anyone interested - it's in Essex)

Anyway, this year we are already in Croatia (travelling on our anniversary) and I really don't know what to get her. I've bought her some jewellery in the past, she wears it sometimes but isn't really much of a jewellery girl. Not ruling it out completely though.

I feel like if I get a photo album then I'd kind of be copying her idea, and I know that it won't be anything near compared to how good hers for me will be.

TLDR - 2nd year anniversary, please blast out any good present ideas that I can steal!

Thanks - N

Surely you know what she likes more than just jewellery, spas and photo albums. She must have other interests so pick one of them and get something related to them.
(edited 5 years ago)
If she likes a specific thing e.g. a book or film, Type it in on this site called Etsy ( https://www.etsy.com/uk/ ) They tend to have good/ outside the box kinda presents and most of the time, some pretty cute things
You should record a video of you speaking into the camera, talking about why you love her and stuff and then record her family and friends too. I did this for my 1 year anniversary and it was quiet funny and my girlfriend became super emotional about it too. She loved it. Especially when her family added in jokes about thinking she would be single forever, living with eight cats or when her friends made dirty sex jokes. It's the best time too, she'll be missing her friends and family whilst on the 2 week holiday.
Reply 4
Original post by Cxm
You should record a video of you speaking into the camera, talking about why you love her and stuff and then record her family and friends too. I did this for my 1 year anniversary and it was quiet funny and my girlfriend became super emotional about it too. She loved it. Especially when her family added in jokes about thinking she would be single forever, living with eight cats or when her friends made dirty sex jokes. It's the best time too, she'll be missing her friends and family whilst on the 2 week holiday.

Sadly I wont be able to do this as our anniversary is in only 9 days. I won't see her family until before the holiday and all of her friends are at Uni. Sounds like an awesome idea though!
Original post by Wizbe
Sadly I wont be able to do this as our anniversary is in only 9 days. I won't see her family until before the holiday and all of her friends are at Uni. Sounds like an awesome idea though!

You'll just have to go in with the proposal then my dude
Reply 6
We like to go travelling quite a lot together. We've been to France, Belgium, Spain and as mentioned above we're on our way to Croatia soon.

I was thinking something romantic but at the same time quite cool. I saw a scratch map thing which is basically you scratch off every country you've been to but I want something more couple related.

She takes this stuff all really seriously but I guess it's a guy thing me leaving this to the last minute!

Cheers again :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending