The Student Room Group

How was the Edexcel GCSE Maths exam for you guys?

I found it okay to be honest. I found it a bit too chill, that it felt a bit dodge. How did you guys feel?
Reply 1
i felt like it was easier than i have done before... i answered majority.. after looking at some peoples answers on here tho.. i didnt do great :/
i reckon ive got 50% - 55%
Reply 3
Usually, I leave the last 6 questions out entirely, but i actually answered them so woo
Yeah I came out thinking I must've got full marks only to later realise I made loads of dumb mistakes haha, but still I reckon worst case I'll have dropped 15 marks. 65/80 would've been an 9 last year but I feel like grade boundaries for this paper will be high because lots of people seemed to find it to be a good exam and it was definitely easier than the specimens.
I feel like I missed out on loads of the 5 mark questions or I didn't fully finish them so I missed out on at least 15 marks, I'd be happy with at least 50% and I think boundaries are gonna be high since everyone seems to have aced the test
Original post by Snowman of Doom
Yeah I came out thinking I must've got full marks only to later realise I made loads of dumb mistakes haha, but still I reckon worst case I'll have dropped 15 marks. 65/80 would've been an 9 last year but I feel like grade boundaries for this paper will be high because lots of people seemed to find it to be a good exam and it was definitely easier than the specimens.

can relate with my IGCSE :biggrin: Also 80% is a 9 right?
Original post by Reversed Flash
can relate with my IGCSE :biggrin: Also 80% is a 9 right?

Well it was last year so hopefully it still will be this year! :smile:
Yes last year 65% was an 8 so hopefully; I think I got around 70 ish on this paper due to SO many mistakes and spending too long on the easy starter questions :frown:
Original post by Snowman of Doom
Well it was last year so hopefully it still will be this year! :smile:
Original post by katticus
I found it okay to be honest. I found it a bit too chill, that it felt a bit dodge. How did you guys feel?

I found it very, very easy tbh.
Original post by Reversed Flash
Yes last year 65% was an 8 so hopefully; I think I got around 70 ish on this paper due to SO many mistakes and spending too long on the easy starter questions :frown:

For me it was more that I did it all so quickly and convinced myself I'd done it all right that I got really complacent with my checking and missed all the glaring mistakes :redface: Oh well, just gotta knuckle down a bit more for the next two papers to make up for it.
Good luck with the rest of your exams! :biggrin:
Im glad some others feel the same. I came out super confident only to realise how many silly mistakes I had made

Quick Reply

Latest