Important: Problems with Examination grade results? Feel you should have got higher? Watch

stranger101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Exam board: AQA
Subject: Eng Lit (Modern Novel)
Apparent Grade: D
Grade you feel that you got: A/B
Comments: I saw the question, and was quite pleased as I knew everything about it, and I rather liked it. But I ended up with a D. I had thought that I did ok, but definitely not as low as I got. I have noted that abnormally low grades in Eng Lit was a major problem in our school, and with many people on TSR.
Remark? Most likely, will leave it up to the school for a while to see if they send it themselves; if not then I will.
Louisdf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subject: Eng Lit (Modern Novel) resit
Apparent Grade: E
Grade you feel that you got: A/B
Comments: I cannot to this paper for a THIRD time.I did so much work, doing hours of revision, read the book twice again and learnt 30 quotes.I handed in essays which were getting A's so it's all a bit fishy.My teacher nearly had a heart attack when she found out!
Remark? Getting a photocopy first just to make sure that I didn't make a fatal error but I'm preety sure I didn't anyways.

Exam board: WJEC
Subject: History (Nazi Germany sources) resit
Apparent Grade: C
Grade you feel that you got: A
Comments: Quite shocked, because I had done 4 past papers and I had got high A's in all of them
Remark? Getting a photocopy again.
xxmehzzixx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holski*)
Can I just ask, is the final date for photocopies 20th March?
Its thursday at my college...
Jodieness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxmehzzixx)
yeah, all of the people in my college who are doing I.C.T are experiencing the same problem! No one got higher than a C...wierd

Ditto, but with the WJEC board. Those who resat the theory bit got no higher than a D.
bazdaman
Report 10 years ago
Exam board: OCR
Subject: Biology, Economics
Apparent Grade: A, D
Grade you feel that you got: C , A
Comments: I believe i should have gotten a C in Biology after going through the paper with my teacher lol, but somehow got an =D I believe that's coz of sloppy marking...similarly its the opposite on Economics =(
Remark? Y/N .... No just retakes for economics =D
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by bazdaman)
Subject: Biology, Economics
Apparent Grade: A, D
Grade you feel that you got: C , A
Comments: I believe i should have gotten a C in Biology after going through the paper with my teacher lol, but somehow got an =D I believe that's coz of sloppy marking...similarly its the opposite on Economics =(
Remark? Y/N .... No just retakes for economics =D
hehe your complaining about an A grade in biology?
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol. first time ever. someone complaining for a nice grade.
fusionskd
Rep:
?
(Original post by jkyng1)
lol. first time ever. someone complaining for a nice grade.
Yeh lol
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Exam boarddexcek
Subject:Bio4, Phy3,Phy4
Apparent Grade:A(82/100),A(96/120),B(70/90)
Grade you feel that you got:A(90+/100),A(100/120),A(72/90)
Remark? Y

I got the highest mark in my class for mock and i'm the top scorer in Bio4 most of the time in my class, how could i've got that score, ridiculous! The physics 3 was just a nonsense, everyone in my class got 100+-, even those that failed their practical tests! Unit 4 was even worse, one of my friend who always scored D in mocks got an A!!!!(i'm not underestimating him, but he failed almost everything, except Unit 4 Phy which he scored exceptionally well). I would really consider getting my bio 4 and phy 3 remarked. I'm an international applicant, so it's impossible for me to get a photocpied answer script..anyway i demand justice.
nikegoddess
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Adel~)
Exam boarddexcek
Subject:Bio4, Phy3,Phy4
Apparent Grade:A(82/100),A(96/120),B(70/90)
Grade you feel that you got:A(90+/100),A(100/120),A(72/90)
Remark? Y

I got the highest mark in my class for mock and i'm the top scorer in Bio4 most of the time in my class, how could i've got that score, ridiculous! The physics 3 was just a nonsense, everyone in my class got 100+-, even those that failed their practical tests! Unit 4 was even worse, one of my friend who always scored D in mocks got an A!!!!(i'm not underestimating him, but he failed almost everything, except Unit 4 Phy which he scored exceptionally well). I would really consider getting my bio 4 and phy 3 remarked. I'm an international applicant, so it's impossible for me to get a photocpied answer script..anyway i demand justice.
You're an International student too? Edexcel seems to have cocked up a lot of our results too, but for History...people getting Ds and Es, and the most bizarre people obtaining full marks...my school's convinced it's some Edexcel system failure, because there was apparently a site crash or something, so we couldn't get our results for 4 days after they were released
fusionskd
Rep:
?
(Original post by nikegoddess)
You're an International student too? Edexcel seems to have cocked up a lot of our results too, but for History...people getting Ds and Es, and the most bizarre people obtaining full marks...my school's convinced it's some Edexcel system failure, because there was apparently a site crash or something, so we couldn't get our results for 4 days after they were released
I really do think theres something wrong with Edexcel at the moment, because its the same for physics and chemistry at my college...Maybe someone should speak up and tell them...
Vjyrik
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subject: Economics
Apparent Grade: C (69/105)
Comments: three other people, predicted As, got D, D, U....
Remark? Requesting one
Alessandro_22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subject: Economics National and International Economy paper
Apparent Grade: C
Comments: Well i've taken this paper for 3 terms straight i.e. jan 07 jun 07 and now june 08 and i have stayed on the grade C going up maybe by a few marks, what i don't get is that i am now in A2 doing UK economy and that means i am basically doing the above paper in more detail so our teacher said we really should be easily getting an A (like doing c1 in maths after c3 and c4 etc) we also did a mock for the UK economy and i am on a borderline A at A2, i'm not going to give up though and am going to have one last crack in june, 4th time lucky lol
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I received the hard copy for my results today..and the marks printed on it are the same as those i got before..i'll asked for a re-mark for my Physics 3 and Bio 4 anyway.
gena05
Report 10 years ago
got DDC in AQA law and felt i should have got at least BBB? has this happened to anyone else with AQA law??? im getting my papers back first to see what the comments are!!!!!
adrenaline1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got a D grade for central concepts in biology when I thought I scraped an A.
jammie08
Report 10 years ago
I'm also an international student doing Edexcel and the results were MUCH lower than expected/predicted for subjects such as Chemistry (Jan 08 exams). I definitely feel there has been a problem with the results for us.
jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subject: Business unit 1 resit
Apparant Grade: B 63/90
Grade you feel that you got: A about 75+
Comments: I got 65/90 this time last year so abit annoyed and the fact that unit 1 was finance and marketing and in a2 we do unit 4 which is finance and marketing but more in depth, i got an A for unit 4 so dont understand the low B.
Remark? No, ill get over it.
nicnakniccynoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subject: Psychology A
Apparent Grade: U
Grade you feel that you got: At least a C
Comments: Actually did worse that first time round, very confusing seen as i believe i did much better in this paper
Remark? Probably
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I decided not to go for re-mark, instead i'll just re-sit the paper..sigh..due to the fact that my director of studies strongly suggested against the idea of remarking..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads