Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am thinking of applying to Oxford next year and one of the questions I have is about the casual sex scene.

I was told by one person that at Oxford, sex does not occur a lot apart from those in relationships and it is very hard to find those who are willing to have casual sex (one night stands/fwb/outside of relationship sex).

When I asked another person about this they told me that sex is relatively easy to come by as long as you are social and put yourself out there.

I wanted to find out from current students what they think, seeing as I've heard conflicting views. Trolls please do not reply because I am genuinely curious as to how the sex scene is at Oxbridge in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Fullofsurprises

i only know about Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Fullofsurprises

i only know about Cambridge
    Would be interesting to get your views about the scene at Cambridge too, as I'd presume they'd be somewhat similar?

ReputationRep:
    at Cambridge people generally try to hook up outside their own college... it avoids complications.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the venues where the Brookes students hang out

ReputationRep:
    at Cambridge people generally try to hook up outside their own college... it avoids complications.
    Smart. Which you'd expect, being Cambridge.

OP, there are always opportunities for fellatio with pigs heads at parties, I hear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewMarkSP)
    Smart. Which you'd expect, being Cambridge.

OP, there are always opportunities for fellatio with pigs heads at parties, I hear...
    the Fitzwilliam Museum is a popular hook-up venue.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford and Cambridge would likely be the definition of "nerdy sex" lol....probably would need a citation and a reference at the end of every "thrust"

ReputationRep:
    the Fitzwilliam Museum is a popular hook-up venue.
    Museums are totally the place. Forget (for example) the history of Mesopotamia in the Ashmole - it's all about the groping. And don't think for a moment that studying trilobites is what happens in the Natural History muso - oh no - it's just one huge checking out session.

OP is clearly right to prioritise casual sex in evaluating an Oxbridge application, this towers above petty considerations, such as course, college and academic ability. At the interview, one must be ready to discuss one's sexual needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    At the interview, one must be ready to discuss one's sexual needs.
    and be ready to satisfy them also :smug:

ReputationRep:
    I laughed so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclipseboi)
    I laughed so hard
    i thought Jessica is a robot...

ReputationRep:
    Very true. :yep:

Do please practise this aspect, it is vital before interview to be ready for the taking advantage of one's prospective tutor(s). As this will be an integral part of the course, one cannot start too soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Very true. :yep:

Do please practise this aspect, it is vital before interview to be ready for the taking advantage of one's prospective tutor(s). As this will be an integral part of the course, one cannot start too soon.
    they are very much hands-on at Cambridge :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This is the primary concern of all students at the university of oxford, let me assure you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    they are very much hands-on at Cambridge :yep:
    Top hit when i google 'Oxford Professor'

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollasd)
    Hi, I am thinking of applying to Oxford next year and one of the questions I have is about the casual sex scene.

I was told by one person that at Oxford, sex does not occur a lot apart from those in relationships and it is very hard to find those who are willing to have casual sex (one night stands/fwb/outside of relationship sex).

When I asked another person about this they told me that sex is relatively easy to come by as long as you are social and put yourself out there.

I wanted to find out from current students what they think, seeing as I've heard conflicting views. Trolls please do not reply because I am genuinely curious as to how the sex scene is at Oxbridge in particular.
    Like at every university - you can get laid if you're attractive or be a virgin throughout if you're not

ReputationRep:
    I'd worry about getting accepted into Oxford before thinking about this. Never know, you may make a post like Casual sex at LSE, Imperial or (input any top 10 Uni) in one year time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My 7 year old brother just looked at my ipad right when I pressed on the thread title...Thanks OP

ReputationRep:
    2 of my mates are both at oxford and one is at cambridge all of whom are very normal; the sex life does seem to be lacking for all 3.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.