The Student Room Group

I'm pretty sure I've failed maths

So I sat the edexcel gcse maths 9-1 higher paper today and I found it so hard but everyone else came out saying it was easy. I tried so hard but I skipped loads of the questions and I checked the unofficial mark scheme afterwards and most of the ones I did answer I got them wrong. Can I still pass if I make up for it on the other papers? And what happens if I do fail? Please someone help me
if u try really hard on the other 2 and aim to get 60% in both papers im sure u can get at least a grade 5 if not more
i also feel like i messed up in a few questions. I think i got 45/80 which im quite disappointed about. I was hoping to get 55/80. just got to try really hard for the other two
what questions did u find difficult?
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous69gcse
if u try really hard on the other 2 and aim to get 60% in both papers im sure u can get at least a grade 5 if not more

Do you mean 60% across both papers or 60% in each one?
Reply 5
what questions did u find difficult?

Basically all of them haha

the first few questions were ok but after that they were all awful
roughly out of 80 how much do u think u got in paper 1
Reply 7
Don't worry about it. Just keep trying hard, and go over the stuff you didn't understand. You have definitely passed.
Reply 8
Original post by daisytearle
So I sat the edexcel gcse maths 9-1 higher paper today and I found it so hard but everyone else came out saying it was easy. I tried so hard but I skipped loads of the questions and I checked the unofficial mark scheme afterwards and most of the ones I did answer I got them wrong. Can I still pass if I make up for it on the other papers? And what happens if I do fail? Please someone help me

Hah, that happened to me. Some guy was shouting that he found it EASY straight after the exams. This made me anxious.

I got an 8, the other guy got a 6.

Punchline - it's usually better than you think it is
Original post by daisytearle
Do you mean 60% across both papers or 60% in each one?

isn't it like 48% for a six? that's enough to lose more than half marks and still pass!!!
Original post by Seppuku
Hah, that happened to me. Some guy was shouting that he found it EASY straight after the exams. This made me anxious.

I got an 8, the other guy got a 6.

Punchline - it's usually better than you think it is

haha congrats on your 8. I wish I could say that I did well enough for an 8 but genuinely I'll be lucky if I get a 2
roughly out of 80 how much do u think u got in paper 1

20 would be pushing it
Never listen to people who say exams are easy, it's just arrogant and embarrassing if they come out with a bad grade.

Quick Reply

Latest