Abominable
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there:

I’ve been offered to study an M.Sc in Cognitive Neuroscience at Swansea University; as well as an M.Sc in molecular neuroscience at Bristol Unversity

As I attend to study a Ph.D in neuroscience, I was wondering which of the above two neuroscience Master’s would prepare me for it?
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abominable)
Hi there:

I’ve been offered to study an M.Sc in Cognitive Neuroscience at Swansea University; as well as an M.Sc in molecular neuroscience at Bristol Unversity

As I attend to study a Ph.D in neuroscience, I was wondering which of the above two neuroscience Master’s would prepare me for it?
I guess it depends on what aspect of neuroscience you want to focus on... these seem like two very different courses.
thewinelake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the advice from Tutors on your course?
Abominable
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by thewinelake)
What was the advice from Tutors on your course?
Hi there
My tutor basically told me that the decision lays with myself and that both will adequately prepare me for Ph.D study within neuroscience.
The problem I’ve got is which one! My logic tells me that molecular neuroscience is, possibly more heavily laden with science than cognitive though, am unsure about it.
thewinelake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abominable)
Hi there
My tutor basically told me that the decision lays with myself and that both will adequately prepare me for Ph.D study within neuroscience.
The problem I’ve got is which one! My logic tells me that molecular neuroscience is, possibly more heavily laden with science than cognitive though, am unsure about it.
More biochemistry, one would have thought. But presumably you've covered some basic aspects of these things in your course already - which did you find more interesting/enjoyable?

Presumably you've Googled it and found this: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-d...e-neuroscience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (216)
75%
No (72)
25%

Watched Threads