Opportunities for Event Management students Watch

Effiechow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It seems like Coventry is a rather small city with not much events happening. So how can event management students get opportunities to volunteer or work in Coventry? Coventry University's Event Management course is ranked quite high. I would like to know what are the benefits of studying Event Management in Coventry University.
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Effiechow,

Its not related to Coventry, but we do offer a Events Management course at Derby. Our course is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality. Our Events Management course is based in Buxton and uses the excellent Devonshire Dome, here we host an an action-packed programme of premier events, from banquets to wedding, conferences to exhibitions. From our campus on the edge of the Peak District National Park, you will also get involved with many external events which help attract over 10 million visitors to the area each year. Buxton itself is rapidly becoming known as the festival capital of England.

If you have nay further question about Derby University or our Events Management course, let us know.

Callum
CocoaW
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there

I have just completed my 3 years on the Event Management course at Cov. IMO it was the best Uni and best course. There are tons of opportunities to volunteer at events both in Cov itself and further afield as they have some great connections. There will be even more opportunities over the next few years as we won the 'city of culture 2021' bid so now is a great time to join. Just because its a small City don't assume there is nothing going on. Sure its not quite London or Manchester but Birmingham is just a short train ride away. There are loads of opportunities to go overseas and closer to home each year, both with the event management course and the wider University. Dublin, Malaysia, India, Cape Town to name a few. You get out what you put in on this degree but I am sure you wont regret it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.96%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.04%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.52%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.65%
There's nothing they could do (32)
27.83%

Watched Threads