Turn on thread page Beta

Exams over mental health watch

ReputationRep:
    My parents
    Family
    Anyone that knows me
    Cares about my exams and not me I feel like I’m not a human especially to my parents like all I’m naked for is to make them proud and do well in lode and school.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Strivingwarrior)
    My parents
    Family
    Anyone that knows me
    Cares about my exams and not me I feel like I’m not a human especially to my parents like all I’m naked for is to make them proud and do well in lode and school.
    Moved to mental health

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Moved to mental health
    What?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What?
    I moved your thread to the mental health forum.

I am f*cking dying over these exams but no-one seems to care. But I suppose there is not long to go. Just keep working it will pay off and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am f*cking dying over these exams but no-one seems to care. But I suppose there is not long to go. Just keep working it will pay off and good luck!
    Me exactly

ReputationRep:
    Exams! You have time to worry about your mental health later! STAY STRONG,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)
    I’ll try

ReputationRep:
    My parents
    Family
    Anyone that knows me
    I went through this too. My mental health nose dived over the past year, after having been stable for a year. My brain won't even function. Everyone was telling me I needed to do well, my parents, friends and everyone around me was putting on the pressure saying "you always do well, you can get past this." I ended up deferring many of my exams and the ones I took haven't exactly gone well. I hardly studied, I couldn't even focus for long enough. In the end, I gave up caring and I decided I didn't care how I did, just getting through the exams was a big enough challenge in itself. You just have to tune out the people around you, and put your health before everything else.

Health always comes before everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigel)
    I went through this too. My mental health nose dived over the past year, after having been stable for a year. My brain won't even function. Everyone was telling me I needed to do well, my parents, friends and everyone around me was putting on the pressure saying "you always do well, you can get past this." I ended up deferring many of my exams and the ones I took haven't exactly gone well. I hardly studied, I couldn't even focus for long enough. In the end, I gave up caring and I decided I didn't care how I did, just getting through the exams was a big enough challenge in itself. You just have to tune out the people around you, and put your health before everything
    (Original post by Rigel)
    I went through this too. My mental health nose dived over the past year, after having been stable for a year. My brain won't even function. Everyone was telling me I needed to do well, my parents, friends and everyone around me was putting on the pressure saying "you always do well, you can get past this." I ended up deferring many of my exams and the ones I took haven't exactly gone well. I hardly studied, I couldn't even focus for long enough. In the end, I gave up caring and I decided I didn't care how I did, just getting through the exams was a big enough challenge in itself. You just have to tune out the people around you, and put your health before everything else.
    Literally I can’t even be bothered revising for my English because of it and they’re the ones pressuring me Thai us yiri strongest subject we expect you to get an A* well just because I can write doesn’t mean I’ll get an A* on a GCSE paper for English lit when most of its memorisation and I just can’t study... they’re so awful
    How do I put my health beifrebanuthing when clearly these exams are the most important thing in the world....

ReputationRep:
    Know how you feel. I try and revise around people so it sort of forces me to study - study alone and you have all your bad thoughts constantly buzzing in your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Know how you feel. I try and revise around people so it sort of forces me to study - study alone and you have all your bad thoughts constantly buzzing in your head.
    Couldn’t have said it better but myself

ReputationRep:
    How do I put my health beifrebanuthing when clearly these exams are the most important thing in the world....
    Is that "before anything"?

Exams are not the most important thing in the world. People tell you they are, but they are not. One of my major depressive episodes came during my final year of A levels. I mentally couldn't study or do them properly, and my grades went from predicted (and on track to get) A*A*A to AB (I had to drop a subject). I was going to study medicine, but now I study geology as it was a hobby at a small university. It's not what I planned but your health definitely comes first, otherwise you could make your health decline so much to the point where you get very ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigel)
    Is that "before anything"?

Exams are not the most important thing in the world. People tell you they are, but they are not. One of my major depressive episodes came during my final year of A levels. I mentally couldn't study or do them properly, and my grades went from predicted (and on track to get) A*A*A to AB (I had to drop a subject). I was going to study medicine, but now I study geology as it was a hobby at a small university. It's not what I planned but your health definitely comes first, otherwise you could make your health decline so much to the point where you get very ill.
    I’m sor sorry to hear that but thank you

People like you are the reasons for the stigma around mental health.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.