The Student Room Group

What is it like for female and male teachers to work in all girls/ all boys schools?

I am just wondering how it feels like to be a teacher in a same sex school. for example, a female teacher in an all boys school and a male teacher in an all girls school.
I am a male teacher in an all-girls school. I like it. There is less confrontation but more chatter and friendship fall outs. Swings and roundabouts.
Original post by Blackstarr
I am just wondering how it feels like to be a teacher in a same sex school. for example, a female teacher in an all boys school and a male teacher in an all girls school.

I was previously a teacher in an all-girls school (I am male). The behaviour is drastically different from a mixed school, where I have also worked.

For one, the students actually want to learn and there are less distractions in the classes. The girls don't have to try and 'impress' any boys lol.

Secondly, you might need to deal with more emotions etc, but it's not too bad...

This would be the same in an all-boys schools.
Original post by computed
I was previously a teacher in an all-girls school (I am male). The behaviour is drastically different from a mixed school, where I have also worked.

For one, the students actually want to learn and there are less distractions in the classes. The girls don't have to try and 'impress' any boys lol.

Secondly, you might need to deal with more emotions etc, but it's not too bad...

This would be the same in an all-boys schools.

how is teaching sex ed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending