The Student Room Group

which poems are going to come up in english lit tomorrow?

does anyone know any predictions about the poems that will come up tomorrow for power & conflict?
hoping its not tissue
Original post by Midokul
hoping its not tissue

I hope it is. I like it and no one else does so the grade boundaries would be low.
Reply 3
Original post by Midokul
hoping its not tissue

trust it's so hard
storm on the island - power of natural world (already come up)
ozymandias and MLD - Compare the ways poets present ideas about power in Ozymandias and in one other poem from ‘Power and conflict’.(GCSE English Literature Example answer Examiner commentary on sample answer)
Bayonet charge-effects of war (last years paper)

this year it will most likely be London or The Emigree or Checking Out Me History.
I really don't want The Prelude. There is almost nothing to talk about.
Also for AIC this question has already come up "How does Priestley present some of the differences between the older and younger generations in An Inspector Calls?"
When did power of natural world come up?
Also for AIC this question has already come up "How does Priestley present some of the differences between the older and younger generations in An Inspector Calls?
What were the questions in the specimens? I know one was about power with Ozymandias
hoping for tissue or charge of the light brigade
Original post by 246011111111
When did power of natural world come up?

2015 specimen https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=649918&d=1495361794
Original post by thealibabba
Also for AIC this question has already come up "How does Priestley present some of the differences between the older and younger generations in An Inspector Calls?"

when was this?
98% sure it'll be London

Ugh been revising Storm on the Island just an hour ago...

Also one of the most recent specimens, specimen 3 2018, had Poppies and the question was about the effects of conflict on people. Just found that out.
AIC questions were about Gerald's relationships with women and how Eva Smith represents poverty.

Considering that Shelia came up in the specimen and Mrs Birling and the Inspector came up last year, the only main characters left are Mr Birling and Eric. I'm thinking of Eric coming up.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by username2899906
I hope it is. I like it and no one else does so the grade boundaries would be low.

I don't think they would go through the hassle of most students flopping that question. Most people find it way too hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending