Anyone else increasingly struggling with poetry?

Watch this thread
Sirandomness
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can't be the only one that thinks that there is way too much to remember for power and conflict poetry. All the easy poems or the best ones in terms of pairing all seem to pair the best with the harder to learn ones, and given the combination of topics, and what can come up on the paper as written makes it just seem impossible to remember it all. Anyone else feeling this/have any tips to make it a bit easier?
Jamiele
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
are u doing love and relationships or power and conflict?
Sirandomness
Rep:
good point, I'll edit it. it power and conflict
flyingcolours
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Honestly I am exhausted, Too much to do and I am dreading English Lit.
Sirandomness
Rep:
Although I've been thinking. In theory, with no higher/lower tier paper, the question will need to be simple enough for foundation level, with room for the higher tier to branch out. Therefore the question is most likely to be just 'How does the poet present effects of power/conflict in ___', and the poem will need to be fairly easy, so the marks for identifying elements in the written poem can be gained at least. (I would personally love it if the question was on power and the poem was something like Ozymandias, simple connection to power of man or have the poem be kamikaze, power of nature.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads