has anyone done aqa psychology Watch

spatula01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i cannot figure out my marks, i thought they were all supposed to be out of 60 but one is 87. i don't think they are percentages but the title just says mark/score. can anyone help me decode
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you doing specification B? I'm doing AQA Psychology A and none of my modules are out of 60
Polkadotsox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
UMS points rather than marks? I don't know, this is a guess! Just ask your teacher next time you're in, and they'll be able to help you.

xx
spatula01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
yeah spec B.
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it is on your results sheet, then they are most likely UMS points. I just did a little investigation and found that for AQA Psychology B the UMS points for each module are out of:

Module 1 - 105
Module 2 - 105
Module 3 - 90
Module 4 - 105
Module 5 - 105
Module 6 - 90

I hope this helps
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For Psychology A, I believe it is along the lines of..

Module 1 - 100
Module 2 - 100
Module 3 - 100
Module 4 - 90
Module 5 - 120
Module 6 - 90 (Coursework)
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
For Psychology A, I believe it is along the lines of..

Module 1 - 100
Module 2 - 100
Module 3 - 100
Module 4 - 90
Module 5 - 90 (Coursework)
Module 6 - 120
You got module 5 and 6 mixed up, Module 5 is out of 120 and Module 6 (coursework) is out of 90.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NickyP)
You got module 5 and 6 mixed up, Module 5 is out of 120 and Module 6 (coursework) is out of 90.
Thanks - ive fixed it.
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone here doing AEA psychology? I had my first AEA lesson today and even though the past papers didn't look too bad my teacher was saying that people always do really badly in it. It's no extra learning really so I thought I might as well do it.
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone here doing AEA psychology? I had my first AEA lesson today and even though the past papers didn't look too bad my teacher was saying that people always do really badly in it. It's no extra learning really so I thought I might as well do it.
Hey, yeah I am supposed to be doing it! I really need to sort out my lessons at a nearby school though!
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coolguy456)
Hey, yeah I am supposed to be doing it! I really need to sort out my lessons at a nearby school though!
I don't think extra lessons are completely necessary, as long as you have some guidance! Can't your psychology teacher help you with it?
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's AEA Psychology?
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think extra lessons are completely necessary, as long as you have some guidance! Can't your psychology teacher help you with it?
My psychology teacher is a complete numpty, he can't teach the normal specification let alone an AEA. He didn't even know what it is lol
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
What's AEA Psychology?
AEA is Advanced Extension Award. It's just an extra exam you sit as an extension to the A Level. They do it in almost all subjects
leo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coolguy456)
My psychology teacher is a complete numpty, he can't teach the normal specification let alone an AEA. He didn't even know what it is lol
Haha really? If you're doing AQA spec A then my teacher said it's just like module 3 and 5 put together but a bit more challenging. You should be fine anyway I think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (273)
27.25%
No (729)
72.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise