The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU Accommodation!!

so for all you LJMUers coming in september, if you've booked your accommodation, where did everyone put as their first choice? and what time did you send your application?(if you sent it on the 10th march)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya i sent mine at ten to ten lol(don't know hjow i managed it before ten but i worked) and i applied for atlantic point as my first choice
Liverpool
Reply 2
haha excellent, yeah snap with me, i sent mine at about 10 to 10, started it at 9:45, lol does make me wonder quite how early they did put it up though? i should be heading to great newtons hall
Reply 3
i tried doing it around 3o clock and it would work, so tried again at 10 PM and still wouldn't work, sent it off this mornin

applied for

Atlantic Point as first choice
Vic Halls 2nd choice
Marybone 2 3rd choice

only wanna live at AP tho
Reply 4
i sent mine off at 8pm oly time i could get on!! applied for great newton halls first den apollo court!!
Reply 5
Whats the deal with accomodation? I'm still waiting for my decision! I wanna go to to Grand Central though.
Did applications only start yesterday? :smile:
Reply 6
yer the application form online only became available yday, best get it sent off early if you wanna get ur first choice, i reckon i should get my first choice, il be gutted if i don't
Reply 7
Would help if they got back to me :frown: Sent my UCAS off in November lol it's fustrating now.
Reply 8
lol same here, had my first 3 offers in like 2 weeks tho haha, then an unsuccessfull then had 2 wait for an interview in feb (where i got an offer the next day :O), i rly cant wait to go!!!! wt course u going for?
Reply 9
Yeah I had 3 offers in one week! I've applied for Journalism :biggrin: Hope they accept me because it's my first choice! What about you? Which accomodation have ya applied for?
Reply 10
im going for sports science, soooooooooooooooooooo can't wait!!! should have gone uni last year but messed up as i didnt do enoug work, done so much more this year and just wish it was all over and done with and i was on my way lol, av applied for Atlantic Point.
Reply 11
Ooh sounds good! Good luck! I really wanna go to Grand Central, looks fab!
im studying forensic science, looking to stay in either atlantic point or opal court, anybody been to view either of these? any advice as to which one to choose as i really can't make my mind up.
Reply 13
ok if ur deciding i really suggest prospect point! lol its better than atlantic and ive been to opal n i know people frm there movin to prospect, saying not really worth the money though you get a massive room at opal. I've never been 2 atlantic but friend of friends whove come over and say its nicer. Grand centrals had good reports from people. Opals nicer than atlantic but its soooo pricey. Atlantic and prospect point are both part of liberty living. If you decide prospect point, message me and let me know and if you stick my name on the form il give you half of the recommendation price I get.
Reply 14
is it only grand central and opal who have gyms?

would like a gym near by my room - do other accommodations have gyms but are not mentioned on the uni website?
Reply 15
also, how do i find out how far each are to the nightlife in liverpool
Reply 16
^ It should say on LJMU website how close to the centre they are and stuff. Thats why I love Grand Central, it's right in the centre! :biggrin:
Reply 17
ye grand central looks nice

not going til next year so got time to save up abit more dosh

has it got a swimming pool?

cant wait for uni :P dont think ill get the A needed to get into other unis so think ill be going ljmu
opal court looks the best accomondation and its not the dearest in liverpool, but ive heard its got a lot of medical students who are hardly ever in their accomondation and always working, i want to live with all the people who live the student life and get drunk everynight and be with sociable people. so is opal not the place to go for that? if not where is?
Reply 19
hey everyone!!! goin jm in september and picked apollo court for accomodation. stayed their before its handy to get into town :smile: grand central is behind it but i heard bad reports from it so i passed on that 1 lol. any1 else stayin in apollo court??any1 studyin applied community and social studies?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending