Some example question on Inspector Calls and Poetry? Watch
Especially Gerald and Eric?
Also Poetry if you can?
Prominent Poems and themes?
Question on Gerald there.
Personally think Eric will come up... But who knows.
Themes you could be asked on:
- Guilty conscience.
- Learning from experiences.
- The significance of social position.
- The significance of interconnection.
- Pretence and deception.
- Gender roles.
- Dignity and reputation.
- Different types of power.
- Blame and guilt.
- Romantic relationships and marriage.
- Power and powerlessness.
- Parent-child relationships.
- Explaining how the events of the night affect the Birling family.
- Social class.
- Capitalism and socialism.
- How far would you agree that the characters in the play represent the very worst of human nature?
- Significance of consequences.
- Significance of truth.
- Would you agree that the characters in the play have the most reason to be ashamed?
- In your opinion, who is most responsible for the death of Eva Smith/Daisy Renton?
Character questions could include:
- In what wars is Mr. Birling important in the play/ What sort of a father is Mr. Birling?
- In what ways is Gerald Croft/Eric Birling important in the play?
- In what ways is Sheila Birling important in the play?
- In what ways is Eva Smith important in the play?
- Is Gerald Croft simply a younger version of Aurthur Birling?
- The significance of Inspector Goole's character in the play.
- Compare and contrast the two 'Mrs. Birlings,' Sybil and Eva.
- Compare and contrast the two 'young women' of the play, Sheila and Eva.
- Compare and contrast the characters of Gerald Croft and Eric Birling.
- Do the younger characters of the play offer any hope for the future?
Hope this helps!