The Student Room Group

Boy Trouble

i feel as though i’m ready for a relationship now however being at an all girls school through secondary has made it hard for me to talk to guys naturally!
Obviously i’m friendly, kind and understanding but i always get anxious when talking to guys!
wondering if anyone can help a sister out with boy trouble!
I also need to find a social situation where i can meet guys, whether it be in person or on a social media of some kind (it’s just to get things going, i really have a fear of being alone forever)
Thanks again to anyone who replies x

Scroll to see replies

its probably easier on snapchat if you cant when at school in public
Original post by ppl1cker
its probably easier on snapchat if you cant when at school in public

i’m confused by your answer?
would you mind explaining what you mean? x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hollybopkins

Are you able to go out outside school with your friends? Like at a weekend or after school? I tend to find that one can attract attention by simply walking around an area where boys tend to be. I wish you luck OP!
Original post by Anonymous
Are you able to go out outside school with your friends? Like at a weekend or after school? I tend to find that one can attract attention by simply walking around an area where boys tend to be. I wish you luck OP!

thank you, i live in the most remote village full of OAPs, so probably not full of young people! 😂
I do tend to go on walks quite often with friends but have never managed to stumble across anyone else (it’s seriously that quiet) Thanks again for your reply and you’re welcome to follow me on insta if you like @flowrrsandpetals
i feel as though i’m ready for a relationship now however being at an all girls school through secondary has made it hard for me to talk to guys naturally!
Obviously i’m friendly, kind and understanding but i always get anxious when talking to guys!
I also need to find a social situation where i can meet guys, whether it be in person or on a social media of some kind (it’s just to get things going, i really have a fear of being alone forever)

Just talk to them the same way you would talk to a girl. The reason you are anxious is because you're overthinking it and convincing yourself it's difficult. Instead just talk to them like you would anyone else and it becomes nothing to be afraid of.
Original post by howitoughttobe
Just talk to them the same way you would talk to a girl. The reason you are anxious is because you're overthinking it and convincing yourself it's difficult. Instead just talk to them like you would anyone else and it becomes nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks, that’s great advice!! only problem is.....i don’t know any boys around my own age?
Thanks, that’s great advice!! only problem is.....i don’t know any boys around my own age?

Sorry I can't really help you there. I went to an all girls school too and didn't really start to meet boys until I went to uni. Hopefully someone else can give you good advice on where to meet them and good luck!
Original post by howitoughttobe
Sorry I can't really help you there. I went to an all girls school too and didn't really start to meet boys until I went to uni. Hopefully someone else can give you good advice on where to meet them and good luck!

thanks, i’m currently in Year 11 and plan on starting college/apprenticeship soon where hopefully i can meet people! plus summer also gives you a big opportunity for meeting people x
well you said you find your self anxious talking to boys, you would probably find it alot easier online.
Original post by ppl1cker
well you said you find your self anxious talking to boys, you would probably find it alot easier online.

oh yes! i understand, i think that’s a great idea too! x
Reply 11

I think that there are many boys who are in the same situation as you.I think if you just wait around but stay active with people who you talk to, you should start meeting people. Im not sure, i'm kind of in the same situation as you.😂😂😂. But don't worry. If you go to university there will be a lot of people for you to meet. Im pretty sure ur not going to be alone for ever, so don't worry about that.
Original post by SaulMas
I think that there are many boys who are in the same situation as you.I think if you just wait around but stay active with people who you talk to, you should start meeting people. Im not sure, i'm kind of in the same situation as you.😂😂😂. But don't worry. If you go to university there will be a lot of people for you to meet. Im pretty sure ur not going to be alone for ever, so don't worry about that.

awww thank you, i don’t plan on going to Uni! Everyone’s stories have been about merton people at uni, maybe i should go just for the purpose of meeting people 😂😂😂😂
Reply 13
awww thank you, i don’t plan on going to Uni! Everyone’s stories have been about merton people at uni, maybe i should go just for the purpose of meeting people 😂😂😂😂

Tbf it doent matter where you go. Whereever you go, people will be there. No matter what you do, ur gonna be meeting people. Just make sure u stay in contact with people. Imma be going to 6th from next year. Try getting a summer job? I heard that thats a good way to meet new people. Also just ask to add people of facebook or insta.
Original post by SaulMas
Tbf it doent matter where you go. Whereever you go, people will be there. No matter what you do, ur gonna be meeting people. Just make sure u stay in contact with people. Imma be going to 6th from next year. Try getting a summer job? I heard that thats a good way to meet new people. Also just ask to add people of facebook or insta.

Thanks for the reply x
Reply 15
Thanks for the reply x

Np
Reply 16
Follow some fit boys on insta, then when they accept your follow request or follow you back, slide into their dms, add their snapchat, get some streaks going, then meet up and hang out and have a mad time. If you don't know them then when you message them you can legit say anything and have all the confidence in the world because you can choose whether or not to meet them in the end
(edited 5 years ago)
used to be at mixed school and now at an all girls school and only the popular girls link /talk to the boys at the companion school. it sucks
used to be at mixed school and now at an all girls school and only the popular girls link /talk to the boys at the companion school. it sucks

that’s exactly the same situation at my school!
Original post by cloudc
Follow some fit boys on insta, then when they accept your follow request or follow you back, slide into their dms, add their snapchat, get some streaks going, then meet up and hang out and have a mad time. If you don't know them then when you message them you can legit say anything and have all the confidence in the world because you can choose whether or not to meet them in the end

not really sure that’s my sort of thing! i would never lie to someone to make myself seem better through social media, that’s who we are taught to look out for, not become!

Quick Reply

Latest