scarlett vinn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have paper 2 english literature (AQA) tomorrow and really need some last minute tips/help!! I’m doing An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict in poetry?!? any last minute help would be appreciated! x
yo_its_me
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing power and conflict too, I'm guessing the poem will be about nature seeing as the specimen paper and last years paper were all about power and war. But this is just a guess, Aqa has screwed us over so bad this year so i'm praying its not tissue...
scarlett vinn
Rep:
?
That’s what i mean! I thought paper 1 was really cruel so dreading what poem they’re going to choose! I’ve just learnt London , Kamikaze, The emigree and War photographer hoping i’ll be able to link?!?
yo_its_me
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would also learn Exposure too, it can link through the theme of nature to The prelude, Kamikaze and Storm on the island and also remains and war photographer through the theme of PTSD and war
scarlett vinn
Rep:
?
Okay, thank you! Although, I hate exposure i’ll try my best to grin and bear it!!
Ndusy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i dont want to attempt predicting the poems as i know ill be in a muddle once i flip the paper open and see something else.

So idk how to help with that but in terms of resources, id suggest Seneca if you havent used that already. My English teacher recommended it a few days ago and its been central to most of my revision across all subjects. It will basically break down the key themes, character analysis and methods etc for Inspector Calls, as well as havung a separate 'course' for the quotes. And for Poetry and Conflict it too is broken down into themes and methods explored etc as well as comparisons to be made. Its pretty visual and weaves in tests as you learn, which I find prompt the long-term memory. Its also free which is gr8.

Litcharts for Inspector Calls isnt wholly free, but the parts that are acessible i think are very good, especially with tracking the themes.

Okay ive rambled enough, and btw I too am doing AQA Inspector Calls and Poetry and Conflict lol, so I wish the best of luck for both of us!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.71%
Electronic (62)
6.67%
Indie (153)
16.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise