Cookie446
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m doing my AS exams atm. And I feel stressed out with everything. I’m doing four subjects atm; aqa biology, wjec medical science, aqa art and level 3 health and social care.
I’m hoping to get into paediatric nursing for uni but I feel I can’t cope to get the requirement grades.
I could drop a subject and just focus on 3 but I’m not even sure which one I should?
Should I wait for as results in August? Try resit if they’re bad? Or just keep all of them? Or drop the one I’m doing least well in?
So much stress😢.
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! Try not to stress so much. I studied Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History when I did my A levels and completed all to A2. I know you are doing a BTEC too. If I were you I would focus on the A levels if things are getting too much for you. Try to avoid resits as much as possible!
Cookie446
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrXavier)
Hello! Try not to stress so much. I studied Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History when I did my A levels and completed all to A2. I know you are doing a BTEC too. If I were you I would focus on the A levels if things are getting too much for you. Try to avoid resits as much as possible!
Am honestly trying not to, but just worried I won’t get the required grades. What’s ones are best to keep if goes downhill?
username3955940
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I think you should drop art. Art in Y13 takes up soooo much of your time and you're probably going to stress A LOT about it. Your other subjects are relevant to what you want to do in uni so I think it would be best if you put all your effort into those and just forget art. You can always keep it as a hobby
Cookie446
Rep:
?
(Original post by Estarossa)
Honestly, I think you should drop art. Art in Y13 takes up soooo much of your time and you're probably going to stress A LOT about it. Your other subjects are relevant to what you want to do in uni so I think it would be best if you put all your effort into those and just forget art. You can always keep it as a hobby
I have noticed that already, it’s nice to enjoy as practical subject compared to all my written subjects, I’ll consider that idea thank you.
username3756768
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cookie446)
Am honestly trying not to, but just worried I won’t get the required grades. What’s ones are best to keep if goes downhill?
I think it is best to keep your a levels personally!
username3955940
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have noticed that already, it’s nice to enjoy as practical subject compared to all my written subjects, I’ll consider that idea thank you.
I understand what you mean I think as long it doesn't add additional stress to you, it should be OK, but talking from experience (did my final exam 3 weeks ago), I found the subject to be one of the most stressful for me but don't let that stop you. Hope everything goes well! Don't stress to much at the moment since you've already got 1 more year left. What's your grade requirements for uni?
Cookie446
Rep:
?
(Original post by Estarossa)
I understand what you mean I think as long it doesn't add additional stress to you, it should be OK, but talking from experience (did my final exam 3 weeks ago), I found the subject to be one of the most stressful for me but don't let that stop you. Hope everything goes well! Don't stress to much at the moment since you've already got 1 more year left. What's your grade requirements for uni?
ABB or BBB for a few universities I’ve checked
Cookie446
Rep:
?
Or 120 UCAS points
username3955940
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ABB or BBB for a few universities I’ve checked
Ahhh I see. You still have plenty of time to think about all of this so don't let it stress you out so much and I'm sure you're going to do just fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?