Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial Mark scheme for as biology paper today ( feel free to correct or add more )- unsure if order is correct

1) renal vein
    Aorta was second write box in diagram ( forgot letter)

Corronary artieries take blood to heart

2) question about percentage I think... I got 85%... also mitochondrion question

-there was a question labelling a prokaryote
    Tail like structure was flagella
    Slime around was capsule
    Cell wall
    Cell membrane

Phospholipid and murein were biological molecules present

-there was a question drawing a mitochondrion from micrograph

- there was a question drawing DNA nucleotide and labelling it so deoxyribose as pentode sugar, phosphate and bases ATCG

- semi-conservation replication:
    Complementary base pairing help attract nucleotides

-ATP hydrolysed to form ADP and Pi

- there was a five mark question on translation: I talked about the anticodons on the tRNA which bind with three bases on mRNA. The tRNA has amino acid attached. Peptide bonds form between amino acids. Stops at stop signal and polypeptide formed

-there was a question in taxonomy :
    Hierarchy because the groups are branches of into smaller groups

- The Taxon was family

-A proteome - full range of proteins a cell is able to produce

9)smoking in cars question
    I put that there is not a big difference because there was carbon monoxide present when there was no smoking however there was more carbon monoxide in the car when smoking.

10) comprehension question- about crohns disease

T cells produce cyotokines which cause swelling of intestine lining. People with Crohn’s disease produce a large number of t helper cells than normal to fight the bacteria ( I think )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zizi2146)
    Unofficial Mark scheme for as biology paper today ( feel free to correct or add more )- unsure if order is correct

1) renal vein
    Aorta was second write box in diagram ( forgot letter)

Vena cava and pulmonary vein take blood to heart

2) question about percentage I think... I got 85%... also mitochondrion question

-there was a question labelling a prokaryote
    Tail like structure was flagella
    Slime around was capsule
    Cell wall
    Cell membrane

Phospholipid and murein were biological molecules present

-there was a question drawing a mitochondrion from micrograph

- there was a question drawing DNA nucleotide and labelling it so deoxyribose as pentode sugar, phosphate and bases ATCG

- semi-conservation replication:
    Complementary base pairing help attract nucleotides

- there was a five mark question on translation: I talked about the anticodons on the tRNA which bind with three bases on mRNA. The tRNA has amino acid attached. Peptide bonds form between amino acids. Stops at stop signal and polypeptide formed

-there was a question in taxonomy :
    Hierarchy because the groups are branches of into smaller groups

- The Taxon was family

-A proteome - full range of proteins a cell is able to produce

9)smoking in cars question
    I put that there is not a big difference because there was carbon monoxide present when there was no smoking however there was more carbon monoxide in the car when smoking.

10) comprehension question- about crohns disease

T cells produce cyotokines which cause swelling of intestine lining. People with Crohn’s disease produce a large number of t helper cells than normal to fight the bacteria ( I think )
    Really messed up the percentage question. I did the difference and multiplied by 100 but missed out dividing by the original
    Overall the stupid taxonomy and singing flies pis$ed me off

There were also the following questions:

Explain the journey of an o2 molecule from the alveolus to the blood (2 marks)

Explain one adaptation of an alveolus that enables efficient gas exchange (2marks)

ATP Hydrolase question: describe and explain the results (2 marks)

What does hydrolysis of ATP produce ? (2marks)

Describe 2 differences between mRNA and tRNA

State 2 differences between structure of Lactulose and lactose (2 marks)

What is a monomer? (1mark)

ReputationRep:
    was the second part of question 1 not referring to coronary arteries which carry blood to heart muscle, rather than the vena cava/veins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malbod)
    was the second part of question 1 not referring to coronary arteries which carry blood to heart muscle, rather than the vena cava/veins
    Not really sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zizi2146)
    Not really sure
    (Original post by malbod)
    Yes it is Coronary arteries

ReputationRep:
    what did you write bout the politician/ smoking question? wasn't sure exactly what to include?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.