Eng lit 9
Eng lang 6
PE A
Science Core A
Science additional A
Catering A
German B
Drama C
and i am currently studying biology,chemistry and maths at a level and i am hoping to get the best grades possible, do i have a chance of getting into cambrudge or oxford to study medicine
Reply 1
cambridge*
Any particular circumstances that lead to you under-performing, and how bad was the school?

But realistically: Oxford no, Cambridge very unlikely, but not impossible if you managed to transform your grades at get the A*A*A required. That is pretty statistically unlikely though.
Original post by samar0810
i have the following GCSES Maths 7Eng lit 9Eng lang 6PE AScience Core A Science additional ACatering AGerman BDrama C and i am currently studying biology,chemistry and maths at a level and i am hoping to get the best grades possible, do i have a chance of getting into cambrudge or oxford to study medicine
No.
Reply 4
and i am currently studying biology,chemistry and maths at a level and i am hoping to get the best grades possible, do i have a chance of getting into cambrudge or oxford to study medicine

If you are realistically on target to achieve A*A*A+ then yes you have a chance for Cambridge. Your GCSEs will be assessed within the context of your school's typical performance and aren't the most import factor. Your A-levels, BMAT, interviews, etc are all more important.
i have the following GCSES
Maths 7
Eng lit 9
Eng lang 6
PE A
Science Core A
Science additional A
Catering A
German B
Drama C

No chance at Oxford.

A*A*A*/A*A*A predictions and 6,6,4A in the BMAT gives you a good shot at a Cambridge offer though, provided you interview well
If you are definitely sure you can get the predicted grades, and your personal statement looks good, go ahead.
Original post by Kyber Ninja

A*A*A*/A*A*A predictions and 6,6,4A in the BMAT

What do you think the likelihood of that happening is given the GCSE results?
Original post by Forecast
What do you think the likelihood of that happening is given the GCSE results?

There are some people with BMAT scores like that with his GCSE grades on this forum. BMAT like any other test can be done to a high level with practise
Cambridge yes, Oxford no.
Reply 10
Original post by nexttime
Any particular circumstances that lead to you under-performing, and how bad was the school?

But realistically: Oxford no, Cambridge very unlikely, but not impossible if you managed to transform your grades at get the A*A*A required. That is pretty statistically unlikely though.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/essa-academy-7540180
okay thank you

Quick Reply