The Student Room Group

Can I learn how to drive in 4 weeks!!??

Hey,
Wondering if anyone has any experience of a ‘quick pass’ in driving.
Starting lessons soon and hope to have 10 lessons in total- roughly 2 a week and will be driving hopefully everyday at home with parents.
Can I pass!?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
Wondering if anyone has any experience of a ‘quick pass’ in driving.
Starting lessons soon and hope to have 10 lessons in total- roughly 2 a week and will be driving hopefully everyday at home with parents.
Can I pass!?

Probably not. You have to do your theory as well. There are residential courses where you do a week or so of intensive lessons but they cost lots.
You can probably learn to pass a test in 4 weeks with all these “fiveday.co.uk and other companies , but no, you can’t learn to drive.” It’s a lot safer to just go through the normal process because you’ll be put in some tough situations when driving and need to know how to make decisions to deal with them. Experience is key
Reply 3
10 lessons - assuming 2hr per slot, so 20 hours total is likely not going to be enough practice to reach test standard if you've never driven before. 30-40 hours is generally the ballpark, and even then some people take longer than others, driving is not a natural thing to learn and it can take some effort to get your head around it.
Reply 4
Depends on your natural ability, prebooking tests now and the intensity of your lessons. It can be done but you would be learning fast. If you can master hill balance and downshifting, you will be able to do it in a month.
It's possible to pass but whether you'd be a good driver or not is a different thing altogether
Yes, why not, it takes dedication
Not entirely sure what you're asking, I doubt many people here actually learned to drive until we got the coveted pink card with our names on it.

I think what you are asking is "can I pass the driving test in 4 weeks" - on an intensive course yes, but in some cases, it's 3 months just for a test date.
i learned how to drive in about a day. i had a whole day dedicated to that when i was in india.
Reply 9
Original post by anonymous69gcse
i learned how to drive in about a day. i had a whole day dedicated to that when i was in india.

all it takes to pass the test in india is money
i didnt pay for anything. i knew all the basics before and my dad just sat in the passenger seat guiding me. obviously i cant drive here cos im not 17 yet but sometimes i help my mum park the car

Quick Reply