d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What subject would be better in employability accompanied with a level chemistry and biology?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no employer is going to care about your A levels. i personally recommend econ as its a lot more chilled than physics which is the hardest/2nd hardest a level along with chemistry.

doing 3 traditional a levels will be better for your Cambridge application, but otherwise i wouldn't over-stretch yourself.
davidallen108
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don’t do any a levels they’re only for smart people , for you I’d recommend the dole or being a doctor
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
no employer is going to care about your A levels. i personally recommend econ as its a lot more chilled than physics which is the hardest/2nd hardest a level along with chemistry.

doing 3 traditional a levels will be better for your Cambridge application, but otherwise i wouldn't over-stretch yourself.
Thank you, i was a bit favourable towards economics as it’s an essay subject so it provides variety with my a levels
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well economic graduates have one of the highest salaries and physics is a well rounded degree; but we're talking alevel.

Employers don't really care about alevels, unless you're applying for an apprenticeship or the company requires an in depth screening (which isn't common).

It's up to you really.

I do physics and although I've applied for physics courses at university, it's still my hardest alevel out of maths and chemistry. You need to be pretty comfortable with rearranging equations, trig ratios, trig graphs and logarithms+exponentials.
ed98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As above. Most universities and employee won't really care what subjects you studied at A-level unless you are applying for a very specific course/career.

Both are well regarded subjects, physics probably slightly more so. Physics is really difficult though.

I did economics and I found it quite laid back but not too laid back if you get what I mean? Also it helped give me a basic understanding of current affairs and the reasoning behind government economic policy which is a useful understanding to have.

It might also be nice to have a non-science subject so you have a bit of variety.

Best of luck with whatever you choose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads