Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to put my story here, I need advice, my life is falling apart.

I'm 18, I have 0 friends or people I just go out with, I only have 1 supportive parent and my pets I live for, I do have 1 guy I'm talking to but I'm starting to think he's a really sh*tty person who isn't positive. Me andy best friend of 7 years just broke off our friendship, I'm terrible at making new friends, I seem to lose everyone in the end, maybe everyone just hates me, I know I'm hard to deal with but I try to be supportive of everyone and a decent person, I have had really bad anxiety and depression in the past, not as bad now though, I don't get on with my cousins, I ruin all my friendships and relationships without meaning too, I hate my life but not enough to end it, unfortunately I don't have the balls too. I don't see my grandparents that much or any of my aunties or uncles but that part isn't my fault.

I have only got the qualifications entry level 3 functional skills English and maths, working towards level 1 now in both, I failed every GCSE and by that I meant I got mostly Us and the others just low grades all below C/4 grade, I blame me being under a lot of stress at the time as I've been told my English is really good and I passed English reading already but maybe because it's only functional skills level 1, I am not the smartest person, always been in bottom set throughout school for everything.

Anyway, I have been in an emotionally abusive relationship before, he was toxic and negative, I managed to get out though, recently I met a guy and we got very close then he randomly went off me and got with some other girl, now the guy I'm talking to now said he likes me but I'm getting signs he's negative and not nice at all but we do get on well.

Why is my life so bad? 1 week I had great nights out, fun, drank, got close to this guy then a day late it goes to sh*t, I get over it eventually as some new guy comes into my life and I had my best friend too, I had an amazing few days with nights out again, a few hours later I lose my best friend all in the space of a few weeks, why the hell is this happening to me? Now I'm left with some guy who may be toxic.

I surely never done anything to deserve this? I keep getting rejected for job interviews, no one is giving me a chance, without interviews I stand no chance, I'm f**king 18, broke and from a sh*t working class family. I know things could be a lot worse, I just want to be happy like I was last and the one before that weekend.

I have 0 luck, 0 supportive people, no job, barely any job experience, everything good disappears, what am I even living for at this point? Both my siblings have great lives and I don't.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a lot of the problems you mention are self-inflicted. Maybe being alone would be good for you right now?

Find yourself and improve yourself because you'll never have this much time to yourself again, until you're probably old and retired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxm)
    It sounds like a lot of the problems you mention are self-inflicted. Maybe being alone would be good for you right now?

Find yourself and improve yourself because you'll never have this much time to yourself again, until you're probably old and retired.
    Yes because I deliberately ruin my own life don't I, no I didn't choose this life! Also why would I want time to myself? It's boring.

ReputationRep:
    Sweetheart you're 18. I can understand if you were 30 or so then its a little sad but even then I still would say 'so what?'. Take it from someone who progresses more and more as I get older, when I was your age I was saying the exact same stuff because I was in the exact same place. Not many friends, family situation was bad and I was often bullied or ignored. Felt very unloved too. Kept failing my exams and therefore I felt like I was failing at life. Horrible skin and bad experiences with people, I had no money, no job, no social life and bad anxiety that kept me housebound most days. And what made it worse is that my siblings, friends, people I went to school with etc all seemed to have it better than me so of course that made me feel 100x worse. But here I am 8 years later finding it hard to believe that I used to be that person. My life has really improved and it happened slowly and steadily. It does get better, nothing lasts forever.

You need to stop putting too much emphasis on other people and come to the realisation that you don't NEED a huge group of friends and a perfect boyfriend to make you feel like a more important person. So long as you have YOUR OWN back and are confident in yourself and know that you are worth something then you've got everything really. I was a complete loner around the age of 22-23, broke up with my last friends and literally had no one call me at birthdays and christmases. but so what, it didn't last. I eventually got all the things I wanted in life because I never stopped trying. I have a better job, better boyfriend, a better relationship with my family and am more stable in life than I've ever been before. My entire mentality has changed as I've grown older. So don't worry too much, keep studying, living your life the way that makes you happy, get out of toxic relationships and just keep moving forward. Everything will fall into place bit by bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela.Abdi)
    Yes because I deliberately ruin my own life don't I, no I didn't choose this life! Also why would I want time to myself? It's boring.
    I didn't say you deliberately ruined your life. You made it clear that you blame yourself for a lot of the problems that you mentioned. So it's self inflicted.

It doesn't matter if time alone is boring. It wouldn't be boring if you tried to improve yourself. Eat good, work out, gain confidence, search for jobs, gain qualifications. You hinted that you're suicidal and have depression, get help with that from your GP or a therapist. There's so much you can do on your own, you don't need friends. Why would you rely on others when you can't even rely on yourself right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Sweetheart you're 18. I can understand if you were 30 or so then its a little sad but even then I still would say 'so what?'. Take it from someone who progresses more and more as I get older, when I was your age I was saying the exact same stuff because I was in the exact same place. Not many friends, family situation was bad and I was often bullied or ignored. Felt very unloved too. Kept failing my exams and therefore I felt like I was failing at life. Horrible skin and bad experiences with people, I had no money, no job, no social life and bad anxiety that kept me housebound most days. And what made it worse is that my siblings, friends, people I went to school with etc all seemed to have it better than me so of course that made me feel 100x worse. But here I am 8 years later finding it hard to believe that I used to be that person. My life has really improved and it happened slowly and steadily. It does get better, nothing lasts forever.

You need to stop putting too much emphasis on other people and come to the realisation that you don't NEED a huge group of friends and a perfect boyfriend to make you feel like a more important person. So long as you have YOUR OWN back and are confident in yourself and know that you are worth something then you've got everything really. I was a complete loner around the age of 22-23, broke up with my last friends and literally had no one call me at birthdays and christmases. but so what, it didn't last. I eventually got all the things I wanted in life because I never stopped trying. I have a better job, better boyfriend, a better relationship with my family and am more stable in life than I've ever been before. My entire mentality has changed as I've grown older. So don't worry too much, keep studying, living your life the way that makes you happy, get out of toxic relationships and just keep moving forward. Everything will fall into place bit by bit.
    That's partly why I won't give up because of people like you who are amazing, even though it's next to impossible for me to give up because it's like my body and head won't let me, it's not in my nature, I'm just living for the day my life gets better.

Thank you for commenting, means a lot and I hope you continue to be happy. X

ReputationRep:
    That's partly why I won't give up because of people like you who are amazing, even though it's next to impossible for me to give up because it's like my body and head won't let me, it's not in my nature, I'm just living for the day my life gets better.

Thank you for commenting, means a lot and I hope you continue to be happy. X
    aww thank you babes, you're amazing too! keep tell yourself that everyday, screw what the rest of the world tries to make you think! remember that its always the insecure ones who love to put others down! genuinely happy people big others up. one day you will be advising some other girl with the same words :h: stay happy! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxm)
    I didn't say you deliberately ruined your life. You made it clear that you blame yourself for a lot of the problems that you mentioned. So it's self inflicted.

It doesn't matter if time alone is boring. It wouldn't be boring if you tried to improve yourself. Eat good, work out, gain confidence, search for jobs, gain qualifications. You hinted that you're suicidal and have depression, get help with that from your GP or a therapist. There's so much you can do on your own, you don't need friends. Why would you rely on others when you can't even rely on yourself right now?
    It's not that I'm suicidal, it's more the fact that just need a better life, I'm not at risk of actually attempting to hurt myself I just don't like my life atm.

I probably do rely on others to make me happy and I don't know how to stop. I just get upset knowing I would feel lonely going to an event alone and seeing everyone with friends and that.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though as it means a lot that people do try and help others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    aww thank you babes, you're amazing too! keep tell yourself that everyday, screw what the rest of the world tries to make you think! remember that its always the insecure ones who love to put others down! genuinely happy people big others up. one day you will be advising some other girl with the same words :h: stay happy! x
    I tend to avoid insecure people who put others down, don't need negative people like that and I'll try, hopefully one day I'll make a positive change in someone's life. X

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I'm suicidal, it's more the fact that just need a better life, I'm not at risk of actually attempting to hurt myself I just don't like my life atm.

I probably do rely on others to make me happy and I don't know how to stop. I just get upset knowing I would feel lonely going to an event alone and seeing everyone with friends and that.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though as it means a lot that people do try and help others.
    'It's more the fact that I just need a better life' - Make it better, life won't become better by you not doing anything about it. It seems like you're feeling as though it's unfair that you come from a working class family. Why not make sure your daughter or son doesn't feel this way in the future, by not only just helping yourself succeed in life, but do it for them. It may be hard to think about that right now, but i'm sure you wanted more opportunities than your working class parents offered you so at least give your own future family an improved situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxm)
    'It's more the fact that I just need a better life' - Make it better, life won't become better by you not doing anything about it. It seems like you're feeling as though it's unfair that you come from a working class family. Why not make sure your daughter or son doesn't feel this way in the future, by not only just helping yourself succeed in life, but do it for them. It may be hard to think about that right now, but i'm sure you wanted more opportunities than your working class parents offered you so at least give your own future family an improved situation.
    Tbf I've never really gone without anything but had to hear about money issues and debt, losing our home and things like that, we're sort of back on track now anyway and still get holidays and things and never really had a bad childhood either apart from getting bullied from time to time.

I don't think I'll ever have kids.

Right now I feel like so many things are impossible to reach.

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered joining a Star Trek appreciation society where you can make new friends and get to talk about Star Trek?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    Have you considered joining a Star Trek appreciation society where you can make new friends and get to talk about Star Trek?
    I don't like star trek

ReputationRep:
    play fortnite and all your problems will disappear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjrodarte339)
    play fortnite and all your problems will disappear
    I'll stick with GTA thanks

ReputationRep:
    and you wonder why your life's so difficult

ReputationRep:
    and you wonder why your life's so difficult
    Excuse me? What the f**k is that supposed to mean?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Try assassin’s creed. The game series is amazing

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me? What the f**k is that supposed to mean?
    umm that fortnite is better than GTA? calm down buddy

ReputationRep:
    umm that fortnite is better than GTA? calm down buddy
    Lol even I have a life, clearly you need one..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.