The Student Room Group

Friends screwing me over?

I’m finshing year 11 in a few weeks and am moving to a different school for sixth form. I have a close group of 10 friends that I do everything with at school. However, recently a girl who’s had a crush on one of my friends for a couple of years has recently told me that many girls she has spoken to have said that I “have potential” relationship wise, that I’m not approached by girls because of the friends I hang out with and that if I wasn’t a “nerd” a lot of girls would have dated me. What does this mean and what should I do?
it means people like the idealised version that they have of you not the real you

forget about these girls and just move on i say
Depends how close you are with your mates
bros b4 hoes
LOL!

You keep being you! You'll head off to uni fairly soon and there will be plenty of girls who will be interested in you. The kind of girls you eventually want to marry will be the girl who appreciates 'the nerd' because those are the guys at the end of the day that are respectful and can be trusted. Your friend has some growing up to do. You are really lucky to have a decent sized friend group! Maintain those friendship and don't worry about what she said at all!
Why would you give up a close group of friends for a girl who wants to change you? Consider yourself lucky that you have good friends.

Say you do get into a relationship with one of these girls. How would you feel knowing that she is only going out with you because you changed yourself?

Chances are none of your friends will go to the same uni as you so just enjoy the time you have with.

Quick Reply

Latest