A level english literature aqa help please!!!

Watch this thread
username3581862
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there.

I’m not so good at section B of paper 1, where you are given two poems to compare. What should I do to ensure I meet all the AOs and how shall i lay it out? Thank you )) and it would help if anyone had key scenes / context from the great Gatsby and othello!!! Thanks

Gerideri
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ks234r)
Hi there.

I’m not so good at section B of paper 1, where you are given two poems to compare. What should I do to ensure I meet all the AOs and how shall i lay it out? Thank you )) and it would help if anyone had key scenes / context from the great Gatsby and othello!!! Thanks
Hi, here is the plan that I use which gets me into the top band. I don't do those texts unfortunately.
Name:  15280333661911427412841.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  128.0 KB
username3581862
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Gerideri)
Hi, here is the plan that I use which gets me into the top band. I don't do those texts unfortunately.
Name:  15280333661911427412841.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  128.0 KB
Oh my God you sir are a lifesaver!!!! I guess my structure for unseen has always been my worst. Thank you so much!!!!
mabelchiltern
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i do ocr english lit a level but also study gatsby
i think some key context for gatsby is obviously the whole lost generation style, looking at the society with disgust and fascination simultaneously. also the emergence of the 'New Woman' which we see in characters such as jordan who is a celebrity, and myrtle's sister, catherine, who went on holiday to europe with a female friend - women are becoming more independent and can have careers of their own. some more context would be organised crime - ethnic minorities couldn't conventionally benefit from the 20s boom because they were less likely to be employed in high paying jobs e.g. stockbrokers. so they had to find other ways to enjoy the period of prosperity; wolfsheim fixes the 1919 world series and makes a lot of money from other illicit activities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads