The Student Room Group
Nah, that’s an instant split up, if you take him back(which you shouldn’t) you’re not doing anything about the situation, these situation where people say they were drunk are just ********, if he loved you he wouldn’t of done it, seriously do not take him back there are much better people out there who would never do something like that.
Reply 2
A two week time off? This needs to be a permanent breakup.
Yes, sorry, but I agree. If the way your worded it was correct..... he invited her to his and then had drunken sex. We're they sober when the evening started???

Either way, two weeks really isn't long enough. You need to cut that string and mean it. If a year or so goes by and he comes back around then you can revisit what you want to do as he will have had plenty of time to see what life is like without you in it and he won't ever repeat that mistake.

But I have to say there are a lot of people who get drunk and manage to still maintain enough control even in a very inebriated state to refrain from kissing other people (much less have full on sex) if they are in a relationship! The "drunk" part is really an excuse. If you get back together with him even if he acts regretful too soon he'll quickly take advantage of your kindness I'm afraid. I'm sure he does regret what he did and people do make mistakes and should be forgiven but inviting to his apartment is taking it to a different level. If you were to take him back do you feel you would trust him to go out on his own again or would there be a constant strain on your relationship. That is no way to have a heathy relationship regardless.
Reply 4
Sorry to hear. Bluntly, end it. Severe short term heartache far better than the constant worry and mistrust he has now caused you.

You have every right to be assertive and stick up for yourself. Tell him to jog on, don't contact him again.

I bet once he's in another relationship he gets drunk and tries to have a fling with you, ironically.

You deserve better.
Everyone deserves a second chance 😊

Latest