Need help choosing gcse options!! Pleaseee help

Watch
Mythsical
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hii so at the moment I’m in year 9 and I have chosen psychology, art, geography and dual ( French and Spanish ). These are my subjects chosen along with the cores. I’m happy with geography and art as I enjoy them and I think I could get an a/a*. Although, I’m very confused about the other two. by the way, I wanna be a lawyer. I’ve always thought I’m definitely gonna take psychology but now I’m having second thoughts. I’ve heard it has a much too heavy workload and it’s not that useful. Do you think it will help me when I want to become a lawyer?. And I’ve only been taking dual languages for a month now, so I barely know any French and good amount of Spanish. A while ago I had a mock Spanish and French test and I did very badly, so I’m thinking of focusing on one. I love drama so much and I look forward to drama lessons every week, but I’m not sure 2 arts would benefit me, and if I could get a good grade in drama. I’m not 100% of my future job either. I wanna do my gcse and see which subjects I did best in. I’m in set 3 maths and set 2 and 1 do further maths. Should I ask to move up to set 2 so I can do further and finish my gcse math in feb 2019? And is triple science good ? I’m in set 2 science, set 1 geography. Also, is media any good? I’m good at things like photoshop and photography etc so should I replace psychology with either media or drama? Or keep it the same? I’m not sure how to even feel about psychology and media as I’ve never taken any lessons on them.
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What the hell is a set?
Mythsical
Rep:
?
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
What the hell is a set?
It’s like classes based on your level of knowledge so set 1 math would be the hardest , last set would be easiest
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mythsical)
It’s like classes based on your level of knowledge so set 1 math would be the hardest , last set would be easiest
Well that is a bit discriminatory.

Workloads at gcse isn't really that big of a deal.

It's however you may be in set 3 for a reason and some of the futher maths components could be too difficult for you but I don't know.
Shazzer38
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. I'm taking my GCSES at the moment. I think your subjects sound good and if you enjoy them and/or are good at them, it makes sense to choose them. It's all kind of up to your preferences, because when you apply for a law degree, they will look at what you got in your GCSES, rather than whether or not you did psychology. On the contrary, they do care that you get good grades in the core subjects, so your focus should be them. What you do for A level is much more important than what you chose for GCSES in terms of career path. So from my point of you, if you enjoy these subjects take them. BTW I don't do psychology so can't comment on the "workload". Hope my insight helps you. I should probably be preparing for my exam which is in 40 mins but oh well got bored.
Mythsical
Rep:
?
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
Well that is a bit discriminatory.

Workloads at gcse isn't really that big of a deal.

It's however you may be in set 3 for a reason and some of the futher maths components could be too difficult for you but I don't know.
Thank youu also is economics good?
steveeem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hii so at the moment I’m in year 9 and I have chosen psychology, art, geography and dual ( French and Spanish ). These are my subjects chosen along with the cores. I’m happy with geography and art as I enjoy them and I think I could get an a/a*. Although, I’m very confused about the other two. by the way, I wanna be a lawyer. I’ve always thought I’m definitely gonna take psychology but now I’m having second thoughts. I’ve heard it has a much too heavy workload and it’s not that useful. Do you think it will help me when I want to become a lawyer?. And I’ve only been taking dual languages for a month now, so I barely know any French and good amount of Spanish. A while ago I had a mock Spanish and French test and I did very badly, so I’m thinking of focusing on one. I love drama so much and I look forward to drama lessons every week, but I’m not sure 2 arts would benefit me, and if I could get a good grade in drama. I’m not 100% of my future job either. I wanna do my gcse and see which subjects I did best in. I’m in set 3 maths and set 2 and 1 do further maths. Should I ask to move up to set 2 so I can do further and finish my gcse math in feb 2019? And is triple science good ? I’m in set 2 science, set 1 geography. Also, is media any good? I’m good at things like photoshop and photography etc so should I replace psychology with either media or drama? Or keep it the same? I’m not sure how to even feel about psychology and media as I’ve never taken any lessons on them.
Yeah take triple science. biggerr workload but it allows you to focus on the specific sciences
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads