I left a whole essay question on my english literature gcse

Watch
ridaa.xx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so you know how on the literature exam you get 3 questions; unseen poetry, anthology poetry, and on whatever book or play you get. so usually on past lit papers i never finish the last question bc i suck at time management and its worth the most marks so i thought this time i'd start from the back. i finished the anthology poetry and last question completely but ended up having no time to even start the unseen poetry question .basically i wanted to know how much of an effect that'll actually have on my final grade, considering the fact i did pretty well on my literature coursework so it could bring it up a bit?
unveilednectar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ridaa.xx)
so you know how on the literature exam you get 3 questions; unseen poetry, anthology poetry, and on whatever book or play you get. so usually on past lit papers i never finish the last question bc i suck at time management and its worth the most marks so i thought this time i'd start from the back. i finished the anthology poetry and last question completely but ended up having no time to even start the unseen poetry question .basically i wanted to know how much of an effect that'll actually have on my final grade, considering the fact i did pretty well on my literature coursework so it could bring it up a bit?
Dependent upon the mark of the unseen poetry itself and the grade boundaries for English lit. How many marks was the unseen poetry? And the anthropology poetry?
ridaa.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by unveilednectar)
Dependent upon the mark of the unseen poetry itself and the grade boundaries for English lit. How many marks was the unseen poetry? And the anthropology poetry?
unseen poetry is worth 20 marks, the anthology poetry is worth 30, and the novel is worth 40
unveilednectar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
unseen poetry is worth 20 marks, the anthology poetry is worth 30, and the novel is worth 40
70 out of 90 is alright but it will set you back if you are specifically aiming for a higher grade. 20 marks may seem a lot to lose but as you said your coursework may bump it up significantly dependent upon the grades you achieved in them.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the poem?
ridaa.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
What's the poem?
the unseen poetry? it was a poem called October
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the unseen poetry? it was a poem called October
I meant the anthology but nvm I know now
SerBronn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This isn't a good strategy. You don't accrue marks at a linear rate when answering a question. It should be possible to pick up a quick few marks in five minutes from jotting down some sensible points in note form.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (106)
13.43%
I'm not sure (36)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.67%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.41%
I'm not a current university student (386)
48.92%

Watched Threads