The Student Room Group

Gcse edexcel english lit paper 2

How did everyone find the exam? If found A poison tree as the poem was a blessing but how do you feel ? Also the extract for the ACC has loads of good quotes in although the topic was strange..
Reply 1
Overall i think it went well - the extract was a true miracle! The essay was pretty good as well (i wrote mainly about mr Fezziwig and the Cratchits). The unseen poetry was a bit weird though. I compared poison tree with what were they like - what about you?
What were the names of the poems for unseen ?
Reply 3
Original post by Ryan0887
What were the names of the poems for unseen ?

'The month of may' and 'British weather'
Original post by amberix

I thought theyy were hard to compare
Reply 5
Original post by Ryan0887
I thought theyy were hard to compare

You could’ve put about the rhyme schemes and how they both use pathetic fallacy also how they explore emotions
Reply 6
Original post by amberix
Overall i think it went well - the extract was a true miracle! The essay was pretty good as well (i wrote mainly about mr Fezziwig and the Cratchits). The unseen poetry was a bit weird though. I compared poison tree with what were they like - what about you?

I compared it to the man he killed but you also could’ve used the class game etc
Original post by TaylorT24
How did everyone find the exam? If found A poison tree as the poem was a blessing but how do you feel ? Also the extract for the ACC has loads of good quotes in although the topic was strange..

this is from the 2018 EDEXCEL GCSE right?? what was the question for comparing a poison tree to another poem and what was the unseen poetry question????
Original post by amberix

do you remember what you had to compare them for?? also do u remember what theme you had to compare a poison tree with?
Original post by TaylorT24

Can you please tell me what was the question about a Christmas carol xx
Can you please tell me what the question was for acc

Quick Reply

Latest