The Student Room Group

ENGLISH LITERATURE paper 2 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bilalsheraz7
AIC: How is Eric presented throughout the play and how does Priestley show he changes?

OR

AIC: How does Priestley explore ideas about Social class

Unseen was a poem called On Aging by Maya Angelou.

For the 24 marker I wrote:

I said it reflects the restricting nature that is imposed upon oneself as a symptom of aging but then the irony is that it also shows as u grow older ur mental perception of things around u expands as you’re understanding of how others perceive u develops. So on one hand the effects of aging are demonstrated through the limitations of ur physical capabilities but then it expands ur mental awareness. The quotes I used for that point were the “goodbye” - shows how people beginn to forget u as u age because ur purpose and physical capabilities are limited and people begin to forget u/leads to neglection so as you age you realise more about what people think of you as their feelings are shown clearly through their actions like neglection. And then I talked a little more about irony through The “little less lung” innit and then the reference to freedom with liberating and dynamic verb “breathe”. Little less lung is ironic as you should have better respiratory system during youth but she’s showing itnwas worse due to smoking problems. In her youth smoking was doable but in her elderly years the consequences are much more dire thereby offering another limitation of aging. These r probably grade 2/3 points and obviously you’d have to develop this and make it A LOT more developed if u wanted a grade 7 or something. What points did u make? I made other points too just cba writing it out I think that was my best one though. I’m aiming for a grade 3 btw. Do you think my unseen is good enough to get a *grade 3* ?

Do you know where I can find paper 1?
Original post by poptart100
what was the second unseen poem

did u find out the second unseen poetry as the first one is 'on aging' by maya but i dont know the question for them
Do you Know???
Original post by malkimoo
animal farm what abt you

what were the two questions? I'm not cheating on my mocks, we did 2017, I want to know so I can practice for my gcse's.
Reply 43
Original post by Irza03
what were the two questions? I'm not cheating on my mocks, we did 2017, I want to know so I can practice for my gcse's.

the question was on squealer
Google

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending