The Student Room Group

Aqa English literature paper 2

How did everyone find it? I did power and conflict along with An Inspector Calls and I thought the questions where really nice, for , I did the one about Eric and I am pretty confident tbh 😁 what about everyone else?

Scroll to see replies

What did you write about for Eric
Reply 2
I did Social class in Inspector Calls and then poetry was too easy. Who thinks they’ll get a 9?
Original post by mac_fozzy
What did you write about for Eric

The Oedipus complex and how he teams up with Shelia by the end
Original post by Zein.Ali
I did Social class in Inspector Calls and then poetry was too easy. Who thinks they’ll get a 9?

What did u compare ozymandias to? I did exposure and how nature had the power, I don’t think I’ll get a 9 but I feel confident to saw Iv done well
I compared Ozymandias to London. I think the grade boundaries are going to be really high. It sounds like everyone did well.
Surprised how many people on twitter saying how they compared ozymandias with war/nature poems. The obvious options are London and My Last Duchess. If you go too far into nature or war you can risk losing focus on the question 'ideas about power.'
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I found it okay, i could've have perhaps prepared a bit better for the poetry as i couldn't really recall many quotes for My Last Duchess which i compared Ozymandias to.
Could've gone better but nvm
I compared Ozymandias with My last Duchess and I done the Eric question for An Inspector Calls
Original post by rshah6776
Surprised how many people on twitter saying how they compared ozymandias with war/nature poems. The obvious options are London and My Last Duchess. If you go too far into nature or war you lose focus on the question 'ideas about power.'

I kept on saying it’s represents how nature has the most power and how mankind has non/no power. Personally I found exposure the easiest link
those of us who done love and relationships floppppped so all the power and conflict people smashed it
compared ozzy to my last duchess
im still disappointed bc i forgot the name "fra pandolf" to include which i really wanted to and i know i wouldve had fun writing abt how he constantly brags abt this famous portrait painter links to ozzy being like a literal ruler valuing materialism n whatnot
but i loved talking about the form of each of the poems thats always a favourite of mine
throughout the year me n the guy i work with in class have compared lots to mld and ozzy as favourites and the 2 together especially so it was pretty great
i did inspector calls, the thematic question was great. for the power and conflict i was pleasantly surprised to see ozymandias and i compared it to tissue in regards to rulers and tissue (paper and skin) having significance and power however eventually losing their value and disintegrating. i genuinely think i may have got a grade 8 or 9. i was so happy with this exam!
Original post by angelicseokjin
i did inspector calls, the thematic question was great. for the power and conflict i was pleasantly surprised to see ozymandias and i compared it to tissue in regards to rulers and tissue (paper and skin) having significance and power however eventually losing their value and disintegrating. i genuinely think i may have got a grade 8 or 9. i was so happy with this exam!

No lie, out class never touched tissue because we all agreed how **** it was and also how hard it was
Also, how did yall right the question number 27.1 and 27.2 in the boxes since there where only 2? I wrote 27 in watch of the boxed and then but the .1/.2 on the line next to it
Original post by Neon Bradley
How did everyone find it? I did power and conflict along with An Inspector Calls and I thought the questions where really nice, for , I did the one about Eric and I am pretty confident tbh 😁 what about everyone else?

Yh sameee but I chose the social class question, it wasn't bad 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Original post by Neon Bradley
Also, how did yall right the question number 27.1 and 27.2 in the boxes since there where only 2? I wrote 27 in watch of the boxed and then but the .1/.2 on the line next to it

same i put 27 and then on the actual lines next 2 it just put the number in a big circle, hope thats like cool or w/e with examiners
Original post by caitrina
same i put 27 and then on the actual lines next 2 it just put the number in a big circle, hope thats like cool or w/e with examiners

They should be smart enough to figure it out
I did the social class question
and I compared ozymandias to London
I compared ozymandias to storm on the island was that ok to get a an A or B

Quick Reply

Latest