Access to Medicine 2018/19 entry Watch

username4025712
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah! I have got a conditional offer .I think that I applied there in Feb 2018 and went for interview in March....
NatashaC_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Javeria Asjad)
Yeah! I have got a conditional offer .I think that I applied there in Feb 2018 and went for interview in March....
ahhh cool! Yeah I think entry is open for a while because enrolment is not until September
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NatashaC_)
ahhh cool! Yeah I think entry is open for a while because enrolment is not until September
Yeah.....👍
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Yeah.....👍
so what are you planning to do with access to medicine? And have you thought about Unis?
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah.....👍
Have you done your work experience? If yes then can you please tell me that approximately how long one should do work experience to apply for medicine?
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Have you done your work experience? If yes then can you please tell me that approximately how long one should do work experience to apply for medicine?
I haven't as of yet, however I have volunteer work experience in a care home and am planning on trying to shadow a GP or consultant for a couple of weeks. I would imagine that would be sufficient as really they just want to know that you have an idea of the reality of the job role
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so what are you planning to do with access to medicine? And have you thought about Unis?
Abviously, I will apply for medicine that's why I have applied for HE in medicine 😂 .Nope... I haven't thought about the unis.... But the only unis which can accept me are The Manchester university and liverpool university.... N I don't know about others yet....
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't as of yet, however I have volunteer work experience in a care home and am planning on trying to shadow a GP or consultant for a couple of weeks. I would imagine that would be sufficient as really they just want to know that you have an idea of the reality of the job role
I am gonna start a volunteer job in Hospital..... Is shadowing of GP important?
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am gonna start a volunteer job in Hospital..... Is shadowing of GP important?
For how long have you done your volunteer job?
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Abviously, I will apply for medicine that's why I have applied for HE in medicine 😂 .Nope... I haven't thought about the unis.... But the only unis which can accept me are The Manchester university and liverpool university.... N I don't know about others yet....

It is Access to medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, so I reckon there will be people with mixed ambitions in the group. There are a few others that accept them too, I think Keele and Kings College London, but if there's a uni you're interested in, it might be worth emailing them directly to check whether they allow it
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is Access to medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, so I reckon there will be people with mixed ambitions in the group. There are a few others that accept them too, I think Keele and Kings College London, but if there's a uni you're interested in, it might be worth emailing them directly to check whether they allow it
Ooo sorry, I just forgot about that it's a pharmacy, dentistry and medicine course... Sorry about that.... I have visited Manchester uni n talked to them about my qualifications n sent email to liverpool uni also.... Queen marry london uni is another option also.... Newcastle... Etc... Thank you... I will email the unis which you have listed above 😅
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which unis are you gonna apply?
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Ooo sorry, I just forgot about that it's a pharmacy, dentistry and medicine course... Sorry about that.... I have visited Manchester uni n talked to them about my qualifications n sent email to liverpool uni also.... Queen marry london uni is another option also.... Newcastle... Etc... Thank you... I will email the unis which you have listed above 😅
Also email some GP practices and see if you can potentially shadow a GP for a week or two. In your Personal Statement you don't have to necessarily say how long you did it for l, you just have to show that you have a clear understanding of the expectations and reality of being a doctor
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Which unis are you gonna apply?
atm looking at Manchester and Liverpool, I don't really want to go too far from home
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also email some GP practices and see if you can potentially shadow a GP for a week or two. In your Personal Statement you don't have to necessarily say how long you did it for l, you just have to show that you have a clear understanding of the expectations and reality of being a doctor
Ooo... Ok thank you...I will ask my GP and contact my surgery for this 👀
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
atm looking at Manchester and Liverpool, I don't really want to go too far from home
Ook...but on UCAS you have to apply for 4 universities for medicine and obe for any other Medical subject....
NatashaC_
Rep:
?
Ook...but on UCAS you have to apply for 4 universities for medicine and obe for any other Medical subject....
I know, Its just those two are my definite choices, I just haven't decided on the rest as of yet
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know, Its just those two are my definite choices, I just haven't decided on the rest as of yet
Ook...
MalekAlwaked
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Have you been accepted? I only applied this past week so I'm yet to receive my letter
I have applied there and been accepted I am starting this September. Also booked my UKCAT.
Do have any idea about how many ppl from Manchester college have had offers?
username4025712
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MalekAlwaked)
I have applied there and been accepted I am starting this September. Also booked my UKCAT.
Do have any idea about how many ppl from Manchester college have had offers?
No idea about how many people are having offer. When are you taking UKCAT?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.38%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.49%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.04%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.65%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.19%