Access to Medicine 2018/19 entry Watch

Simona33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Javeria Asjad)
Are you gonna apply for medicine or other medical courses like dentistry, pharmacy etc.?
I'm hoping to apply for medicine.

(Original post by MalekAlwaked)
Basically, I have not had an interview. I only recieved a letter that is conditional offer till I bring my GCSE results.
Roughly how long after you sent in your app do you receive an offer?

PS

i've added you on snapchat getting a group together sounds like a good idea.
linliu813
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, Natasha,

I wanted to do the same course this year, but I don't even have GCSEs. So I haven't even tired. I will take the GCSE subjects that they require and hopefully, I can apply for it next year. I am envious that you are on your way now. Let us know how it goes. I wish you all the best!!!
Andielo1230
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m starting the Access to Medicine course in September. Looking forward too it, but the pressure to be perfect the whole way through it is quite intimidating. I hope there’s a lovely group of students so we can all help each other!
username4025712
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andielo1230)
Hi, I’m starting the Access to Medicine course in September. Looking forward too it, but the pressure to be perfect the whole way through it is quite intimidating. I hope there’s a lovely group of students so we can all help each other!
Have you applied for Manchester College's HE course?
Andielo1230
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Javeria Asjad)
Have you applied for Manchester College's HE course?
Yes, been accepted. Starting in September.
username4025712
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andielo1230)
Yes, been accepted. Starting in September.
Ooo.... Are you going to apply for medicine or dentistry at unis?
HBLaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey just throwing my head above the parapet haha
I'm in the January start group for the Access course at TMC. They are AMAZING! The course is accepted at loads of universities, so don't stress. I think around 40% of the people from last year got some kind of offer, and Mohammed (the guy who runs it) has great links to lots of universities.
The support from the tutors is incredible. Especially the maths tutors. They have helped me SO much. Maths is my weakest subject and Peter has been so incredibly patient with me from day one.
The student support services are fantastic. They really do care about those of us who struggle with MH stuff (I have depression and other stuff) and are really great about helping out. Seriously amazing.
It's definitely an intense course, and there are times when it could get on top of you if you let it. But if you don't leave everything to the last minute you'll be ok. I've got straight distinctions so far and I've been putting about 70% effort in (don't tell the tutors tho ahahah). I would recommend getting plenty of UKCAT practice in NOW tho. Bette to get that over and one with before you launch into the course.
Happy to answer any questions you guys have.
Stephanie02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NatashaC_)
Hi all,

i have recently applied for an Access to medicine course at The Manchester college. Whilst looking through TSR I can see that there are threads for every existing year apart from the current one!

So, has anyone else applied for entry this year?

Also, if anyone from previous years has any advice or tips, please let us know!😊

I'm super nervous because I have been in higher education before at Lancaster uni but left before the end of first year due to mitigating circumstances. However, this experience has enlightened me in what I really want to do: be a doctor. But I have so many worries about whether or not my mental health is strong and whether I will cope! Anyone else feeling like this?

Hi!

I am starting this course at TMC in September I hear it is meant to be very intense!

Stephanie x
HBLaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's definitely had it's moments! Some times it's fine and you feel like you're doing brilliantly, and then times you feel like you're snowed under. Just keep on top of it all and you'll do just fine! Come and say hi! I'll be there until December
Stephanie02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
g
(Original post by HBLaw)
It's definitely had it's moments! Some times it's fine and you feel like you're doing brilliantly, and then times you feel like you're snowed under. Just keep on top of it all and you'll do just fine! Come and say hi! I'll be there until December

Thanks for the heads up! Sure will do!

Stephanie x
Fizzaalee06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Im 35 years old and mother of 2. I habe my education from another country equivelent to GCSE here. I really wanted to go back to my studies. The local college advoced im too old to start for medicine. But they called me in gor an entry test. Can anyone please advice me what i'll be expecting in the test ? Also i would really appriciate anyother help or advice that can be helpful for me. Thanks a million.x

Kind regards
bodybound
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HBLaw)
Hey just throwing my head above the parapet haha
I'm in the January start group for the Access course at TMC. They are AMAZING! The course is accepted at loads of universities, so don't stress. I think around 40% of the people from last year got some kind of offer, and Mohammed (the guy who runs it) has great links to lots of universities.
The support from the tutors is incredible. Especially the maths tutors. They have helped me SO much. Maths is my weakest subject and Peter has been so incredibly patient with me from day one.
The student support services are fantastic. They really do care about those of us who struggle with MH stuff (I have depression and other stuff) and are really great about helping out. Seriously amazing.
It's definitely an intense course, and there are times when it could get on top of you if you let it. But if you don't leave everything to the last minute you'll be ok. I've got straight distinctions so far and I've been putting about 70% effort in (don't tell the tutors tho ahahah). I would recommend getting plenty of UKCAT practice in NOW tho. Bette to get that over and one with before you launch into the course.
Happy to answer any questions you guys have.
Sorry, Where/What is TMC?
HBLaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bodybound)
Sorry, Where/What is TMC?
The Manchester College.
Andielo1230
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by username4025712)
Ooo.... Are you going to apply for medicine or dentistry at unis?
Medicine for 2020 entry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%