Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What poems did everyone compare ozymandias to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camilleribeiro)
    What poems did everyone compare ozymandias to?
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    my last duchess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deepa02)
    Hi
    Go away

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for Animal Farm?

ReputationRep:
    Compared to London. Think most people did my last duchess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vrm99)
    Compared to London. Think most people did my last duchess.
    Yeah I did London too

ReputationRep:
    Go away
    That’s mean

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did London too
    Same did London!

ReputationRep:
    Go away
    DOnt say that TO MY FRIEND OKAY?!

ReputationRep:
    Checking Out Me History
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I did MLD my little duchess innit

ReputationRep:
    AIC: How is Eric presented throughout the play and how does Priestley show he changes?

OR

AIC: How does Priestley explore ideas about Social class

Unseen was a poem called On Aging by Maya Angelou.

For the 24 marker I wrote:

I said it reflects the restricting nature that is imposed upon oneself as a symptom of aging but then the irony is that it also shows as u grow older ur mental perception of things around u expands as you’re understanding of how others perceive u develops. So on one hand the effects of aging are demonstrated through the limitations of ur physical capabilities but then it expands ur mental awareness. The quotes I used for that point were the “goodbye” - shows how people beginn to forget u as u age because ur purpose and physical capabilities are limited and people begin to forget u/leads to neglection so as you age you realise more about what people think of you as their feelings are shown clearly through their actions like neglection. And then I talked a little more about irony through The “little less lung” innit and then the reference to freedom with liberating and dynamic verb “breathe”. Little less lung is ironic as you should have better respiratory system during youth but she’s showing itnwas worse due to smoking problems. In her youth smoking was doable but in her elderly years the consequences are much more dire thereby offering another limitation of aging. These r probably grade 2/3 points and obviously you’d have to develop this and make it A LOT more developed if u wanted a grade 7 or something. What points did u make? I made other points too just cba writing it out I think that was my best one though. I’m aiming for a grade 3 btw. Do you think my unseen is good enough to get a *grade 3* ?

ReputationRep:
    I compared Ozymandias to Checking Out Me History. Did anyone else do this? 😬

ReputationRep:
    I compared it to Storm on the Island.

ReputationRep:
    I compared it to Remains as the power of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger3)
    my last duchess.
    Same

it was a obvious.

but it was too easy i think the grade boundaries will be lifted up higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilalsheraz7)
    AIC: How is Eric presented throughout the play and how does Priestley show he changes?

OR

AIC: How does Priestley explore ideas about Social class

Unseen was a poem called On Aging by Maya Angelou.

For the 24 marker I wrote:

I said it reflects the restricting nature that is imposed upon oneself as a symptom of aging but then the irony is that it also shows as u grow older ur mental perception of things around u expands as you’re understanding of how others perceive u develops. So on one hand the effects of aging are demonstrated through the limitations of ur physical capabilities but then it expands ur mental awareness. The quotes I used for that point were the “goodbye” - shows how people beginn to forget u as u age because ur purpose and physical capabilities are limited and people begin to forget u/leads to neglection so as you age you realise more about what people think of you as their feelings are shown clearly through their actions like neglection. And then I talked a little more about irony through The “little less lung” innit and then the reference to freedom with liberating and dynamic verb “breathe”. Little less lung is ironic as you should have better respiratory system during youth but she’s showing itnwas worse due to smoking problems. In her youth smoking was doable but in her elderly years the consequences are much more dire thereby offering another limitation of aging. These r probably grade 2/3 points and obviously you’d have to develop this and make it A LOT more developed if u wanted a grade 7 or something. What points did u make? I made other points too just cba writing it out I think that was my best one though. I’m aiming for a grade 3 btw. Do you think my unseen is good enough to get a *grade 3* ?
    you actually remember what you wrote, im happy to put what i wrote in the past, i did the best i could and i cant wait for the results.

ReputationRep:
    My last duchess

ReputationRep:
    Heres what i did

1) How does preistly present social class - too obvious to choose this as it doesnt limit what you can talk about , the other question forced you to limit yourself to eric

2) Ozymandias with My Last Duchess - Again obvious but you can choose any other poem, im just happy it was ozymandias

3) for the comparison , just talk about iregular rhyme scheme, 1st person monologue , past and present tense, Similie , repetition etc.
    make sure you include structure and language devices which i did

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.