The Student Room Group

Ran out of time in my literature paper 2

In my English literature paper 2 today, I ran out of time, so I didn't answer the 8 mark question at the end. How much of a problem is that?
Unless you think you did badly for all the other questions, you'll be fine. I missed out both the 8 marker and the 24 marker so you're most likely fine
Reply 2
For the 24 marker I wrote:

I said it reflects the restricting nature that is imposed upon oneself as a symptom of aging but then the irony is that it also shows as u grow older ur mental perception of things around u expands as you’re understanding of how others perceive u develops. So on one hand the effects of aging are demonstrated through the limitations of ur physical capabilities but then it expands ur mental awareness. The quotes I used for that point were the β€œgoodbye” - shows how people beginn to forget u as u age because ur purpose and physical capabilities are limited and people begin to forget u/leads to neglection so as you age you realise more about what people think of you as their feelings are shown clearly through their actions like neglection. And then I talked a little more about irony through The β€œlittle less lung” innit and then the reference to freedom with liberating and dynamic verb β€œbreathe”. Little less lung is ironic as you should have better respiratory system during youth but she’s showing itnwas worse due to smoking problems. In her youth smoking was doable but in her elderly years the consequences are much more dire thereby offering another limitation of aging. These r probably grade 2/3 points and obviously you’d have to develop this and make it A LOT more developed if u wanted a grade 7 or something. What points did u make? I made other points too just cba writing it out I think that was my best one though. I’m aiming for a grade 3 btw. Do you think my unseen is good enough to get a *grade 3* ?
A lot of people in my school couldn't manage to get to the last question. I barely managed to finish, but couldn't write as much as I wanted to, so i just made a conclusion pretty early. My answer for the 8 marker was half a page... I'm hoping for 4-5 marks at least. Also for the at 24 marker I wrote a page and a half... So you're not the only one.

If you are confident that you did well in the first 2 sections, then you'll be alright. There's also the other exam you did as well, which is 40 percent of your english lit GCSE so don't worry too much.
it honestly depends on the grade you are aiming for and what the grade boundaries are like x if you are aiming for a* to a then it is essential that you did well in the other questions. however, you re aiming for a b to c then it probably won't matter too much x
You’ll lose at least 8 marks. No biggie though if your other answers were good, but it might drop you down a grade boundary
Reply 6
Original post by howtochangename
Unless you think you did badly for all the other questions, you'll be fine. I missed out both the 8 marker and the 24 marker so you're most likely fine

Hi there, I did the exact same thing and it's frustrating the living hell out of me as I think I've now missed out my expected G7 as 32 marks is crucial even if I performed very well in paper 1.
What grade are you expecting now despite missing 32 marks?
Original post by ZR21872
Hi there, I did the exact same thing and it's frustrating the living hell out of me as I think I've now missed out my expected G7 as 32 marks is crucial even if I performed very well in paper 1.
What grade are you expecting now despite missing 32 marks?

I'm predicted a 5 in English Lit, but I would have liked to get a 7, which might not happen (due to my own misadventure). The grade I might get is a 6 because I did a calculated 25% more in my Paper 1 than, and I did way way way better in the first half than before (and hopefully you did too).

Let's say 113 marks (2017's Level 7 grade boundary) is this year's grade boundary. You only have 15 marks to lose for error, but it's basically half a essay, so unless your exams have the consistency of sweltering dog **** then you will most likely get it.

Even if you fail English Lit, there is always English Language (which I have always been better at) so that's something you can look forward to :smile:
I didn’t put the question number in the boxes but I put the title of what I was answering, will it still be marked?
If I only wrote 2 paragraphs for q1 but 6paragraphs for q2 English literature will it affect my grade ....

Quick Reply