Treat them mean...? Watch

qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Do you think its true that if you treat them mean, you keep them keen? I've been seeing a guy who is playing hard to get and sometimes I wonder how much I would like him if he was being lovely and replying to all my messages. So, joining in the spirit of game playing, i've not texted him in a week. I'm not going to text him until he texts me first. Should be interesting to see how he acts when I next see him He seems to like it when I don't show much interest...very confusing. Sometimes I think the only reason we like each other at all is because we pretend not to like each other. Hmm.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone's been like that with me in the past, I've either run a mile, or done exactly the same thing back - it's amazing how quickly most guys will drop the whole "mean" routine if you simply don't bother to contact them for a while.
d0mz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just come up with a brilliant solution; you could tell him you read a thread on TSR and you may be interested in trying anal, then he might be a bit more interested?
Two birds, one stone?
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A little bit, yeah.
If you're too mean, then the girl would probably not like the guy and not see the effort as worth it, but by showing some interest but then sometimes not so much it makes the girl want the guy a little more.

I guess it's the same acceptance factor that a lot of people have with their parents, they want to do well to impress them, because when they don't they feel a little rejected and unhappy. So they try harder. It's the same concept i think.

Besides, a lot of girls get bored of having a guy who akways wants them, it's like there's no challenge.
I think you have to get it right though, and of course it depends on the girls personality. It works more on girls that want attention.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah dosent work for me pushes me away more!

however if someone is bein off with me i will try to find out why, is that me responding to the treat them mean keep them keen

haha!

but in general it just ****s me off!
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I don't like the treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen thing. I prefer to know where I stand, and not play games.
qubog
Rep:
?
(Original post by dita_parlo)
Personally I don't like the treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen thing. I prefer to know where I stand, and not play games.
Agreed, its well annoying :mad:
qubog
Rep:
?
(Original post by d0mz)
I've just come up with a brilliant solution; you could tell him you read a thread on TSR and you may be interested in trying anal, then he might be a bit more interested?
Two birds, one stone?
pos rep for you when I get the chance! Brilliant
ninaabbey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dita_parlo)
:ditto:
cloop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say definately true! It's all about the chase! Although it's often annoying because when it takes so much effort to get someone... When you finally get them, it's like. oh. CIAO!!
Obviously though, it gets annoying in a relationship if you are CONSTANTLY being "kept keen" via the mean option... But I think as an initial thing it always works for me!
I do love nice guys, don't get me wrong... But I can't really see them in a relationship kind of light if they're nice to me all the time! Eek.
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
pos rep for you when I get the chance! Brilliant
I guess I'll probably be waiting like 26 days though right? :p:
qubog
Rep:
?
(Original post by d0mz)
Silly Tsr rules
PygmyShrew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by d0mz)
No complaining, I already repped you for it!
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
Silly Tsr rules
It's all good, love.

As a proper responce to your thread (without mentioning taboo sex, online student forums or reputation), I always find that the start of the relationship is the most exciting. I love the whole treating them mean keeping them keen game, I love not being able to figure a girl out, its exciting, and you can't help but miss the excitement of it when you eventually figure them out. So, I'd suggest just taking it as it comes, enjoy the games while theyre not so serious, I bet he likes you alot too and is probably thinking he's not going to text you until you text him.. :rolleyes:
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
Do you think its true that if you treat them mean, you keep them keen? I've been seeing a guy who is playing hard to get and sometimes I wonder how much I would like him if he was being lovely and replying to all my messages. So, joining in the spirit of game playing, i've not texted him in a week. I'm not going to text him until he texts me first. Should be interesting to see how he acts when I next see him He seems to like it when I don't show much interest...very confusing. Sometimes I think the only reason we like each other at all is because we pretend not to like each other. Hmm.
I don't like protracted mind games, but sometimes the fun bits are in the chase
bkcr20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My boyfriend is super sweet and mild-mannered and never treats me with anything less than respect, and that's the way I like it!! I couldn't go out with someone who didn't make an effort or didn't act like they were bothered about me if they really were bothered. I just don't really see the point.
xx
d0mz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PygmyShrew)
No complaining, I already repped you for it!
Well aren't I a lucky boy. Cheers
Lizsco3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like the whole treat 'em mean thing. I dunno, I see it as a playful thing and I like that in a guy Also makes them seem more interesting and enigmatic.

Just make sure you eventually text back...you might never hear from him! :p:
qubog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lizsco3)
I like the whole treat 'em mean thing. I dunno, I see it as a playful thing and I like that in a guy Also makes them seem more interesting and enigmatic.

Just make sure you eventually text back...you might never hear from him! :p:
Lol, nah we work together and have mutual friends so i'm sure to see him a couple of times a week even if we never have telephone contact again :rolleyes:
PygmyShrew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by d0mz)
Well aren't I a lucky boy. Cheers
Y'welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads