Turn on thread page Beta

Insurance without a full licence watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've seen it everywhere that you don't have to wait for your full licence after passing your test to start driving but how can I get insurance without proof of a licence? Online it says my licence is still provisional
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Thunderfoot)
    So I've seen it everywhere that you don't have to wait for your full licence after passing your test to start driving but how can I get insurance without proof of a licence? Online it says my licence is still provisional
    Your pass test certificate is proof enough whilst you wait for your licence to show up in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Your pass test certificate is proof enough whilst you wait for your licence to show up in the post.
    I had to send that away with my provisional because I had to change my photo. When taking out insurance do they ask for your licence or number?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had to send that away with my provisional because I had to change my photo. When taking out insurance do they ask for your licence or number?
    Why does no one keep their licence up to date......

Did you take a photo of it before sending it off? If an insurer asks for proof, just let them know it's in the post and they should extend the deadline for which you must send them a copy.

ReputationRep:
    Why does no one keep their licence up to date......

Did you take a photo of it before sending it off? If an insurer asks for proof, just let them know it's in the post and they should extend the deadline for which you must send them a copy.
    Yeah probably could've made life easier for myself but oh well, what's done is done. No I didn't take a photo. Yeah I'll just explain it to them and hope they give me some extra time or something. Worst that can happen is I'll just have to wait 2 more weeks...
    Thanks for the help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah probably could've made life easier for myself but oh well, what's done is done. No I didn't take a photo. Yeah I'll just explain it to them and hope they give me some extra time or something. Worst that can happen is I'll just have to wait 2 more weeks...
    Thanks for the help
    If it helps, the only insurer I've ever had ask me for a copy of my licence is Hastings - never had another insurer ask me!

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, the only insurer I've ever had ask me for a copy of my licence is Hastings - never had another insurer ask me!
    Man, the 3 insurers I cycled through start of this year all asked for the DVLA sharecode lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nevershear)
    Man, the 3 insurers I cycled through start of this year all asked for the DVLA sharecode lol.
    They must just really hate you 😂

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.