Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi!!
    I will be giving my LNAT this year for 2019 admissions.
    I am aiming for Bristol.
    my backup University is Leeds.
    but of course I will be applying to many others.

any advice will be appreciated!!

thank you so much!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Read a lot of literature to improve your English. The LNAT is essentially an English fluency test and if you can't use English very well, you're going to struggle. Newspapers, the classics, and other formal writing.

I would apply to a mix of LNAT and non-LNAT. If you want some advice about the specific unis, you should head over to the law forum on here and list the unis you're interested in. On the face of it I would say applying to Bristol (A*AA course) and Leeds (AAA course) is not that sensible. If you're expecting A*AA, there are other courses around which require those grades. There are more established courses than Leeds at AAA, such as Notts. Of course, if you have a particular fondness for those two, it makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Read a lot of literature to improve your English. The LNAT is essentially an English fluency test and if you can't use English very well, you're going to struggle. Newspapers, the classics, and other formal writing.

I would apply to a mix of LNAT and non-LNAT. If you want some advice about the specific unis, you should head over to the law forum on here and list the unis you're interested in. On the face of it I would say applying to Bristol (A*AA course) and Leeds (AAA course) is not that sensible. If you're expecting A*AA, there are other courses around which require those grades. There are more established courses than Leeds at AAA, such as Notts. Of course, if you have a particular fondness for those two, it makes more sense.
    thank you so much for your reply! actually I am an international student..so I really don't know about the difference between AAA and A*AA courses...would you please, if it isn't too much trouble, explain me the difference?

thank you so much!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.