The Student Room Group

AQA physics 2018

Does anyone have access to these papers? I would love them to prepare for my A levels this year. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

you can ask your teacher for them as only teachers have access to them as far as I know
Reply 2
Original post by salmanz01
you can ask your teacher for them as only teachers have access to them as far as I know

my teacher never had it because they didn't enter anyone I wondered if anyone else was given it and could email me it.
Reply 4

those are the 2017 papers I was hoping someone would have the 2018 AS papers just sat this year
Original post by yusyus
my teacher never had it because they didn't enter anyone I wondered if anyone else was given it and could email me it.

oh I don't know then sorry

they don't have 2018 ones because they have restricted access to them
Original post by yusyus
those are the 2017 papers I was hoping someone would have the 2018 AS papers just sat this year

no one can access that except your college teachers. Why do you want to look at them; just out of curiosity?
Reply 8
Original post by BTAnonymous
no one can access that except your college teachers. Why do you want to look at them; just out of curiosity?

to revise for my A2's since there is a lack of papers/questions similair to the ones they ask im struggling with what to do
Original post by yusyus
to revise for my A2's since there is a lack of papers/questions similair to the ones they ask im struggling with what to do

so you're in first year I guess? I'd recommend only doing the latest AS paper until you've covered everything fully, properly and to a deep enough understanding.

These papers are very different (and very hard) now as the questions are not as direct as previous years and require a greater depth of understanding. Hence it would be a lot more productive to only attempt the paper when you have covered every corner of the syllabus and can explain it in laymans terms to your pet cat.

That is the best preparation you can do unfortunately.

Apart from that, your teachers will have access to them. If you're aiming for high grades, I'd recommend doing some light AS revision over the summer holidays and to create a timetable when you start A2; a mistake I made.
Reply 10
so you're in first year I guess? I'd recommend only doing the latest AS paper until you've covered everything fully, properly and to a deep enough understanding.

These papers are very different (and very hard) now as the questions are not as direct as previous years and require a greater depth of understanding. Hence it would be a lot more productive to only attempt the paper when you have covered every corner of the syllabus and can explain it in laymans terms to your pet cat.

That is the best preparation you can do unfortunately.

Apart from that, your teachers will have access to them. If you're aiming for high grades, I'd recommend doing some light AS revision over the summer holidays and to create a timetable when you start A2; a mistake I made.

no no no im in A2 year and have done all the AQA stuff with school now.
my teachers don't have them and they will be released too late.
I wish I had this level of motivation in As year haha.
Original post by yusyus
no no no im in A2 year and have done all the AQA stuff with school now.
my teachers don't have them and they will be released too late.
I wish I had this level of motivation in As year haha.

Oh cool so we can get slaughtered together with these hard exams; LOOOOL
Reply 12
Oh cool so we can get slaughtered together with these hard exams; LOOOOL

haha I absolutely hated last years papers especially paper 3 lol. what are you aiming/hoping for?
Original post by yusyus
haha I absolutely hated last years papers especially paper 3 lol. what are you aiming/hoping for?

I was aiming for an A but after last years papers (paper 3 was horrible, although I do astrophysics which is a nice module) I'm aiming for a B. I could squeeze an A but I will need to be really lucky or have an epiphany.

What about yourself? What topics are you dreading atm? I'm hating EM induction as it's very confusing at times.
Reply 14
I was aiming for an A but after last years papers (paper 3 was horrible, although I do astrophysics which is a nice module) I'm aiming for a B. I could squeeze an A but I will need to be really lucky or have an epiphany.

What about yourself? What topics are you dreading atm? I'm hating EM induction as it's very confusing at times.

yh EM induction can be really tricky I just hope the questions just involve stating lenzs law really.(sometimes you can just write lenzs law and say thats why this happens and get all the marks).
I dislike electric fields loads idk why it just seems to take me ages to do simple questions.

I also wish there were more practical questions to practice from but whatever. I need an A for uni but wouldn't mind an A* or a B really haha.
Original post by yusyus
yh EM induction can be really tricky I just hope the questions just involve stating lenzs law really.(sometimes you can just write lenzs law and say thats why this happens and get all the marks).
I dislike electric fields loads idk why it just seems to take me ages to do simple questions.

I also wish there were more practical questions to practice from but whatever. I need an A for uni but wouldn't mind an A* or a B really haha.

Electric fields is strange as well. What have you applied for at uni?
Reply 16
Electric fields is strange as well. What have you applied for at uni?

chemistry wby?
Original post by yusyus
chemistry wby?

physics at lougborough. Do you do AQA chemistry as well?
Reply 18
physics at lougborough. Do you do AQA chemistry as well?

nah edexcel luckily what other subjects do you do?
I've done some of the AQA chemistry papers and they seem alright is the paper 3 as hard as the physics one?
what other a level do you do ( i do edexcel maths)
Original post by yusyus
nah edexcel luckily what other subjects do you do?
I've done some of the AQA chemistry papers and they seem alright is the paper 3 as hard as the physics one?
what other a level do you do ( i do edexcel maths)

aqa chemistry is ok. Paper 3 is not too bad as it's linked a lot of our required practicals.

I also do maths but aqa (all aqa). I did your C4 2017 paper and the specifications appear to be very similar, if not the same, so check out our papers as well if you wish!

Quick Reply

Latest