Turn on thread page Beta

what do people think of this dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm well aware that one-shoulder dresses are a huge trend from S/S 08 but on that dress it looks odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    It's not something that I could pull off ever, or that would suit me, but if I remember rightly, you're really slim, and with your blond hair you could get that catwalk chic look going.

I see it's a debenhams dress - there are loads of discount codes for 10/20% off on hotukdeals.com, so be sure to check that out. Plus SHA1 gets you free delivery.
    Oooh! discounts! That's amazing! Everything is slightly too expensive for me, but with discounts that's always better

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the comments everyone!
    I think I will go to Debenhams and try it on with all of what you said in mind - does the strap hold up the dress? What does it look like without the belt? Is the belt tacky looking? Does it wash me out? Does the strap look like it belongs to the dress?
    I love the fact it has a belt around the waist, because I am quite slim, but not quite an hourglass. And so I really want to avoid looking like I have a boyish figure, so 50's style dresses that really define the waist are exactly what I need.
    Yay, now I have a much better idea of what to ask myself when I try it on instead of just standing there undecided in the changing room without a clue like I normally do
    Thanks a lot, you're all really great at giving adive!
    And thanks for the compliments - the dress I'm wearing is vivienofholloway, btw. Lovely 50's style dressed!

ReputationRep:
    Oo I loove it very nice.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.