Gcse lit paper 2

Watch this thread
chaijsdadkljqdl
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
anyone that did inspector calls today repllyyyy x
harmankaur17
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chaijsdadkljqdl)
Yesss it was so good! I answered tho social class question even though my teacher had predicted the Eric question how was yours
fr--m
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I do WJEC and we got a question on Mrs Birling. Not what i was expecting but the extract was ok.
louishill1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I loved the social class question then when I turned to the poetry I honestly thought it was a misprint - it was the exact same question as the specimen for Power and Conflict, like why would they do that??
chaijsdadkljqdl
Rep:
im really worried becuase I drifted loads into social responsibilty?Xxx
chaijsdadkljqdl
Rep:
I know same i was so annoyed with myself becuase i saw that question on the specimen paper and was like oh they won't bring ozymandis up agian and suprise suprise it it
user3535
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It was good. I did Eric it was kinda obvious he was gonna come up
sabnas
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone, so i did the poetry conflict and compared it to tissue and it went well because my points were good. I talked a bit about structure but very minimal but I just realised I forgot to talk about form. Will I lose a lot of marks? Is 25/30 possible without writing about form? Please help Im really worried
castielhowlter
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was so upset about Singh song i wanted to cry. The only bad poem out of the whole bunch!! Completely unprepared and feel like it's ruined my lit grade.

An Inspector Calls was a godsend it;s just the poetry ruined it
castielhowlter
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
honestly that social class question was a GIFT
caitrina
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sabnas)
Hi everyone, so i did the poetry conflict and compared it to tissue and it went well because my points were good. I talked a bit about structure but very minimal but I just realised I forgot to talk about form. Will I lose a lot of marks? Is 25/30 possible without writing about form? Please help Im really worried
absolutely! its about your ability to latch onto a theme/idea and explain it well, rather than focusing purely on different aspects of writers' methods
chaijsdadkljqdl
Rep:
(Original post by castielhowlter)
honestly that social class question was a GIFT
I drifted into social social repsonsibilty do you think this is okay xx
junaid8271
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Never prepared for ozymandias at all but the rest was okay
JEls123344343
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I linked mine to my last Dutches as he has power of her and likes to be in control
sabnas
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so so much- oh my God I was so worried because my ideas were really good and I was later on like Oh my God i forgot to write that ozymandius is in sonnet form!!!! So just to confirm if I havent compared form of a poem I can still get into the top band?
(Original post by caitrina)
absolutely! its about your ability to latch onto a theme/idea and explain it well, rather than focusing purely on different aspects of writers' methods
caitrina
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so so much- oh my God I was so worried because my ideas were really good and I was later on like Oh my God i forgot to write that ozymandius is in sonnet form!!!! So just to confirm if I havent compared form of a poem I can still get into the top band?
so long as your other stuff is of similarly good quality then you certainly do have good potential to yes
sabnas
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
thank you!
(Original post by caitrina)
so long as your other stuff is of similarly good quality then you certainly do have good potential to yes
junaid8271
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
could you compare ozymandias to storm on the island?
HattieTheSwann
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Quite nostalgic reading these after doing my GCSEs last year! We had Bayonet charge last year so I'm not surprised they did a nature poem. I liked Ozymandias but I remember finding it slightly difficult as it was so short XD the social class question sounds great I'm sure people did fine xxx
castielhowlter
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I drifted into social social repsonsibilty do you think this is okay xx
yeah ofc!! As long as you mentioned class somewhere xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (108)
68.35%
No (33)
20.89%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
10.76%

Watched Threads