English lit 2 AQA

Watch this thread
ARAD02
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i did my english lit exam today and i was wondering how other people found it, leave your opinion about the paper and what you think the grade boundaries will be.
anonoymous24
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I think they’ll be high; especially as Ozymandias came up, and many people probably did well.
Remy.05
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was really happy with all the questions (I do power and conflict + an inspector calls), most people at my school also thought it went really well so if everyone found it that easy maybe the grade boundaries will be a bit high. They’ll definitely be higher than last year’s summer grade boundaries but hopefully they’re not as highs as the move ember re sit ones
Shidojoe
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Apparently the love and relationships was really hard so maybe the boundaries could be lower.
username3657152
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i was happy with the questions for inspector calls and power and conflict but the unseen was a bit harder
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The modern text part was good. I messed up with poetry but unseen was okay. Everyone is saying grade boundaries will be high because of ozymandias but love and relationship got singh song, which they didn't want so it might not be that high. I'm hoping for low grade boundaries because after my poetry essay, I'm gonna need it.
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This paper despite knowing what to write about I ####### it,I didn't write about enjambment,oxymoron,caesura anything like that and just waffled my way through.

Even in an AIC I didn't know what to write about for Eric so did social class and in that I don't even think my points were relevant despite going over social class in the morning.

I'm so annoyed with myself.UGH
_solitary_
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What poem did you guys compare Ozymandias with??i did my last duchess.
Student95115991
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I compared ozymandias w war photographer... My points were: (simplified bc cba)

Both say power is timeless but ozymandias does through fear and authority while war photographer does this through media and institution

Both say power can be destructive but in ozymandias power destroys physical being and in war photographer it destroys psychological state

Both say power is painful, but in ozymandias pain transcends a cosmological timeframe but in war photographer pain lasts seconds to the contemporary reader

Are these any good? I had a small conclusion too idk? What grade do you think?
ARAD02
Rep:
(Original post by Shidojoe)
Apparently the love and relationships was really hard so maybe the boundaries could be lower.
thats what i was thinking because sing songh or whatever that poem is came up so i think the grade boundaries wont be that high.
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _solitary_)
same. I regret it now though. I wish i did london instead.
ARAD02
Rep:
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
The modern text part was good. I messed up with poetry but unseen was okay. Everyone is saying grade boundaries will be high because of ozymandias but love and relationship got singh song, which they didn't want so it might not be that high. I'm hoping for low grade boundaries because after my poetry essay, I'm gonna need it.
hopefully the grade bounderies wont be that high since the love and relationships poem was really hard as you said but overall the boundaries will be in the middle i think, not low but not too high.
harmankaur17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was a really good paper... AIC questions were really good I did the social class one and the poem was a gift: compared to exposure through the power of nature, unseen poem was also a good one
Grafe boundaries might be high because most people i know found the exam was very good but hopefully not too high
ARAD02
Rep:
i compared it to london since ozymandias was the poem i revised and was gonna compare to what comes out my plan failed so i had to do my second best poem and that was london.

Dylan3102
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I compared it to London but most people I know either compared it to My Last Duchess or Tissue.
ARAD02
Rep:
(Original post by RJomana)
This paper despite knowing what to write about I ####### it,I didn't write about enjambment,oxymoron,caesura anything like that and just waffled my way through.

Even in an AIC I didn't know what to write about for Eric so did social class and in that I don't even think my points were relevant despite going over social class in the morning.

I'm so annoyed with myself.UGH
dont stress it cuz your not the only one and you never know how you did good until you get your results. hopefully you did well
Lily-Anne098
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
We got singh song for poems oml 😭😭 aqa really wants us to fail. But I predicted the inspector calls question and got it correct so im happy with that😊
ARAD02
Rep:
(Original post by harmankaur17)
I thought it was a really good paper... AIC questions were really good I did the social class one and the poem was a gift: compared to exposure through the power of nature, unseen poem was also a good one
Grafe boundaries might be high because most people i know found the exam was very good but hopefully not too high
both inspector calls questions were easy to talk about so i really liked that, i didnt know which to chose at first but ended up going with eric since i revised him the most. also yea hopefully grade boundaries arent too high i want a good grade haha
Farhana001
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Lol finally someone else who also messed up poetry
Inny15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yes me too, but I didn’t know any quotes except ‘my last duchess’ so I repeated the same quote like 2 times but analysed 2 different words out of it. Like someone once told me “it’s not about how many quotes you know, it’s about how you use it”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (32)
71.11%
No (9)
20%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
8.89%

Watched Threads