Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does the old "I'm gonna be a doctor" line help when one is out on the pull?

ReputationRep:
    It's a damned sight better than "let me talk accountancy to you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfolobus)
    It's a damned sight better than "let me talk accountancy to you".
    Oh I know. Everyone talks about prestige when it comes to medicine in terms of money and medicine, but nobody ever talks about the prestige in terms of getting laid :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    And it certainly trumps "ever heard of entropy?".
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I assume it can help some guys...for girls they’d get laid regardless lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pudding Lane)
    No, people will just ask you if you can diagnose their ailments instead.

ReputationRep:
    medic would be my dream

ReputationRep:
    "let me through i'm a gynaecologist "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I assume it can help some guys...for girls they’d get laid regardless lol
    I've heard that medic girls can be off putting because they are considered nerdy and because they supposedly carry sedatives with them to use on guys. I'm not planning on this but I worry it could work against me

ReputationRep:
    I would think they were too stuck up if they think that's gunna get them someone

ReputationRep:
    i mean.....i always swipe right on medics on tinder :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Eww yuck!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I've heard that medic girls can be off putting because they are considered nerdy and because they supposedly carry sedatives with them to use on guys. I'm not planning on this but I worry it could work against me
    Hahah “carry sedatives”. Nah you’ll be fine don’t worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    You've heard some bs.

ReputationRep:
    Being a doctor helps, being a medical student not so much.

It's also worth considering whether it's being a medical student that attracts someone or traits associated with medicine such as intelligence and empathy.

None of my medic friends have had romance ordeals out of the ordinary. Occupations play a greater role later on in life.

Like with anything - good looks and humour help.

I believe women find pilots and chefs the most attractive occupations - make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    You've heard some bs.
    I'm glad to hear this. I plan to be looking for love at university and don't want my degree to hold me back!

ReputationRep:
    They're as nerdy as anyone else from sciences, except maybe physicists and computer scientists.

What? Obviously that's illegal and if they were found out, they might get kicked out of medical school. Drugging someone is quite serious.

ReputationRep:
    It's a well known issue amongst students. In fact, most medicine courses have been found to be little more than roofie distribution networks for girls who engage in date rape. This fact hasn't been revealed too much to the public but there's going to be a big story about it on Newsnight next week Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    Being a doctor helps, being a medical student not so much. If they were after money, they'd hound the sweaty try hards like JohanGRK

It's also worth considering whether it's being a medical student that attracts someone or traits associated with medicine such as intelligence and empathy.

None of my medic friends have had romance ordeals out of the ordinary. Occupations play a greater role later on in life.

Like with anything - good looks and humour help.

I believe women find pilots and chefs the most attractive occupations - make of that what you will.
    I am a woman and am looking for men.

But thank you for what you said anyway. It's food for thought

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.