Turn on thread page Beta

I've 17 and have been threated by my parents. I am packistani and my parents are really strict. I have done nothing to deserve it. I literally talk back to them ( and this doesn't involve swearing etc. Also I rarely shout at them. I finished my food once but left the plate on the table. And left it for literally 2 minutes. I was going to wash it. My mom broke down (she was fasting but this is not a good enough excuse to break down over something so little).

I turn 18 next feb, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do help myself or be protected when or if i do get kicked out the hose. Honestly I know that 99 percent of ppl wouldn't agree with their decision (my parents decisions.) But ultimately they contorl my life. I have never had a phone. Games etc are all blocked. Wifi is limited ( I can't access many websites like facebook twitter etc) I dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    dude honestly remind them of their religion, im assuming they are muslim if they are fasting, Allah said in the Quran only to remind and not to keep your child on a leesh because ultimately they will begin to hate their religion, honestly what they are doing is wrong and even if you will get shouted at for saying it, you need to tell them that

ReputationRep:
    I was kicked out at 18. I rented a room to begin with by my mental health was too bad to keep my job, and I ended up being evicted.

Go to your local council and tell them that you are threatened with homelessness. You can fill out a form for emergency housing. There may be homeless charities in your area that can house you in a hostel or supported accommodation - such as a foyer.

Don't leave it until you're homeless - if you feel that you may be homeless soon, speak to someone ASAP as you more likely than not won't be helped the day you go in. Hostels and supported accommodation have such demand and it took me two months to be housed in the foyer I lived in.

(Original post by Eithus)
    dude honestly remind them of their religion, im assuming they are muslim if they are fasting, Allah said in the Quran only to remind and not to keep your child on a leesh because ultimately they will begin to hate their religion, honestly what they are doing is wrong and even if you will get shouted at for saying it, you need to tell them that
    That's is the exact metaphot i was using. I say to close friends that I feel like I am on a 'leesh.'
    Brother, for real tho, is it religon that's making them so strict. I mean, they threaten to kick me out the house. They can kick me out the house when I'm 18.
    idk if im allowed to feel like this in islam.. but I really dislike being dependant on them. I wish i was independant. But i don't want a *****y job. I'm getting A's in my AS and want to be a dentist. But how would I take care of myself when Im out the house.

Am I in the wrong when I talk back. They say these MOST illogical things, and when i try to say no it should be this way,, the accuse me of insulting them etc.

(Original post by Perceval)
    I was kicked out at 18. I rented a room to begin with by my mental health was too bad to keep my job, and I ended up being evicted.

Go to your local council and tell them that you are threatened with homelessness. You can fill out a form for emergency housing. There may be homeless charities in your area that can house you in a hostel or supported accommodation - such as a foyer.

Don't leave it until you're homeless - if you feel that you may be homeless soon, speak to someone ASAP as you more likely than not won't be helped the day you go in. Hostels and supported accommodation have such demand and it took me two months to be housed in the foyer I lived in.
    Mind, can I ask what you did to get kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry, it sounds like you're going through an unbelievably tough time at home and the conditions you described sound almost Auschwitz-like. It may be a little pompous of me to say this, but it seems to me that there's not much you can do right now, so you should just focus on your studies and keeping your parents happy until you're able to live independently. Emphasis on the latter. Best of luck with everything and I hope you become a dentist

btw- are all Pakistani parents like this?

ReputationRep:
    it is not islam that is this strict, most of it is them trying to act "big" infront of their child when really they are just making you hate islam even more, I as a muslim can say that this is not what our religion is about, if you talk back but with reason and with respect it is not wrong

ReputationRep:
    hey man is there anyway we could pm? im in a rly similar situation..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Move out before they kick you out.

(Original post by pjrodarte339)
    I'm so sorry, it sounds like you're going through an unbelievably tough time at home and the conditions you described sound almost Auschwitz-like. It may be a little pompous of me to say this, but it seems to me that there's not much you can do right now, so you should just focus on your studies and keeping your parents happy until you're able to live independently. Emphasis on the latter. Best of luck with everything and I hope you become a dentist

some pakistani parents that have old habits. My parents are kin od old 45 and 50. More modern parents that are young aren't like this.

(Original post by memebois)
    hey man is there anyway we could pm? im in a rly similar situation..
    Yh, not gonnna lie never had a phone so dont know how to pm.

ReputationRep:
    we can send msges on here but you're posting as anon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yh, not gonnna lie never had a phone so dont know how to pm.
    ummm pm means private message... you don't need a phone

I'm probably going to sound like a bad person saying this but I wish I wasn't born into a Pakistani family. I don't think Islam is a bad religion but I hate South Asian culture. The absolute bullsh*t of South Asian culture has made me distance myself from Islam even though Islam isn't really the problem. I just hate my parents medieval beliefs and backwardness that stems from South Asian culture.

(Original post by memebois)
    we can send msges on here but you're posting as anon
    yh i wil try

That's is the exact metaphot i was using. I say to close friends that I feel like I am on a 'leesh.'
    Brother, for real tho, is it religon that's making them so strict. I mean, they threaten to kick me out the house. They can kick me out the house when I'm 18.
    idk if im allowed to feel like this in islam.. but I really dislike being dependant on them. I wish i was independant. But i don't want a *****y job. I'm getting A's in my AS and want to be a dentist. But how would I take care of myself when Im out the house.

Am I in the wrong when I talk back. They say these MOST illogical things, and when i try to say no it should be this way,, the accuse me of insulting them etc.
    I know it might be hard, especially if your parents were not raised in England, but Islam teaches that you treat parents with Ihsan, meaning excellence, meaning with utmost love and respect. But, just pray to Allah that you don;t get evicted

(Original post by GreenSpoon125)
    Move out before they kick you out.
    to where? Islamabad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjrodarte339)

Auschiwitz-like. Are you some kind of holocaust denier? Auschwitz wasn't some kind of holiday camp with harsh discipline! Making such comparisons is a little insensitive, innit?

ReputationRep:
    Mind, can I ask what you did to get kicked out.
    My mental health was at a very low point - I had undiagnosed BPD and was causing hell in my mum's house.

I know it might be hard, especially if your parents were not raised in England, but Islam teaches that you treat parents with Ihsan, meaning excellence, meaning with utmost love and respect. But, just pray to Allah that you don;t get evicted

to where? Islamabad?
    streets

ReputationRep:
    Better to get kicked out at 17 then 18. The council will be forced to get you accommodation as soon as possible.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.