Confusing question regarding the 2018 AQA English Literature Paper 1 (and 2)

Watch
username3963032
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
On the pink answer book it said to "write the 2 digit question number in the two boxes provided next to the first line of your answer" and so I wrote the first question's answer which consisted of many paragraphs. The 2 boxes next to first line of each of the paragraphs belonging to the first question I put "02" (the number for the Macbeth question) because I wanted to make it clear that those belonged to question 2.

However, after taking the English Literature Paper 2, I encountered the last question which was 27.1 and 27.2. The thing I realised is that there are 2 boxes for the first 2 digits of the number which is 27. The first "27" written down in the box is going to be processed into the machine as "27.1" as it is the first one and the second "27" will be processed into the machine as "27.2" as it is the second one, third "27" will be processed into the machine as "27.3" and so on...

Now the thing I'm worried about is that the machine might process all the paragraphs to my question 1 as individual "02.1", "02.2", "02.3" and so on and the only paragraph that would be marked would be "02.1" leaving out the rest of the "02". I did this mistake on all of the questions on my English Literature Paper 1 and I'm quite nervous of what the outcome may be. Does anyone know if this is what will happen?- If they'll completely ignore the rest of my answers that aren't the "2.1" or "(insert question number).1".

Sorry if it sounds so confusing ;-;
Revisioncc123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have done that too. Don’t worry. İf you have clearly changed the topic and the examiner knows that the two sections are clearly different then theres no problem. İts not like examiners dont know how the paper is layed out, İf they are an examiner then they should be clever enough to figure out that they are both different questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (126)
43%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.36%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (117)
39.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.71%

Watched Threads