Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

First point - I've posted this as anon not because it's anything to be ashamed of or anything, just because I know a few of my mates come on here so I'd potentially get the micky taken out of me haha

But anyway, I've been going out with this girl for a few weeks now and I realllllllly like her, but having never 'loved' anyone before (in the sense of a girlfriend) how am I supposed to know if/when I do love her?

I think about her most of the time n stuff, and I've never liked a girl this much before, so I was just wondering what everyone else thinks 'love' feels like, because I basically don't know, if that doesn't sound too silly.

Thanks people.

ReputationRep:
    You just know; it's not something that can really be described.

ReputationRep:
    listen to summer of 69 by Bryan Adams and when it gets to "when you held my hand i knew that it was now or never" if you think of them,your in love.

Other indicators are youd be willing to jump through fire to watch paint dry with them and cant remember what it was like not to know them. But basically you just KNOW.

ReputationRep:
    When you can't ****ing think straight because they're tangling up all your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a bit longer and see if the feelings remain the same to be honest. If it has just been a few weeks, you are still really in the 'honeymoon period'. After that, there is no clear cut rule really, just gut feeling.

ReputationRep:
    when your together, the whole world fades away, your constantly thinking of them first thing in the morning and last thing at night, and whenever you see them you get butterflies

ReputationRep:
    I knew I was in love when I couldn't get them out of my head. Although I still fall in love a little bit more with my bf whenever I see him :love:

ReputationRep:
    You just know. You dont have to question it or ask yourself - If you dont know you love them, then you probably dont.

ReputationRep:
    You let them urinate on you as part of bedroom activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But anyway, I've been going out with this girl for a few weeks now and I realllllllly like her, but having never 'loved' anyone before (in the sense of a girlfriend) how am I supposed to know if/when I do love her?
    To be honest, in my opinion, you can't fall in love with someone in a period of a few weeks.

I'm not saying that I think I am in love, I know I'm not. Just that I think I potentially could be at a later stage.

ReputationRep:
    you start asking in forums how you know when you're in love?

and spend silly amounts of money/go madly out of your way to see her as much as possible, miss her after seeing her, go to hers just to see her even if for 5 minutes,keep thinking and talking about her, feeling down yourself when she tells you she's not happy etc.

I'm a cynic, but I don't think I knew I was in love with somebody until they ended it and upset me beyond belief. To me, it's one of those 'you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone' things.

ReputationRep:
    When you suddenly realise that, actually, you're not losing your mind at all. You're just existing in their absence and nothing seems real but them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tera)
    When you suddenly realise that, actually, you're not losing your mind at all. You're just existing in their absence and nothing seems real but them.
    :sadnod:

Scarily true. Very interesting post there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.