The Student Room Group

Exam special consideration

So I have a day of 3 exams (A levels) and 2 of these exams clash so i’m in isolation allday, and the school have said i can apply for special consideration, for one of my exams, i looked it up but what i got was very vague off the OCR website, so i just wanted to know, what is special consideration exactly, and what benefits do i get (the exam board is OCR)
Reply 1
How long is the total length of the exams? You can only get special consideration for the final exam and then only if it takes you over the 6 hour mark. They award you about 2% more raw marks for that exam in acknowledgement of the fact that you will no longer by at your best.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
How long is the total length of the exams? You can only get special consideration for the final exam and then only if it takes you over the 6 hour mark. They award you about 2% more raw marks for that exam in acknowledgement of the fact that you will no longer by at your best.

i'm in for 6hrs and 15 mins
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by m005eman
i'm in for 6hrs and 15 mins

Which is more than the 6, so you can apply for your 2% that Compost pointed out. Ask your exam officer.
Reply 4
You don't need to do anything. The school have obviously noticed and will apply for you.

Quick Reply

Latest